Re: Sims 3 - crashes when sim gives birth

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 - crashes when sim gives birth

★★ Novice

Hey! I just started playing Sims again on the MacBook Air. Now that I have been playing for a while and my sim is about to give birth, the game crashes. I have saved just before and as soon as I have selected characteristics for the child, the game crashes. what should I do?

Message 1 of 7 (972 Views)

Accepted Solution

@elsabjorntorp011  It sounds like the mother is missing a custom skin, and the baby is inheriting it from her.  You can try installing just that skin, nothing else, in the clean folder, and see if you can get through the birth again.

However, it's possible that the skin itself is the issue, as in, the game crashes when it's applied to the baby.  So if the game crashes when the mother is wearing the skin, you'll need to change her skin before birth, or else change both of theirs after birth.  Pregnant sims can't be taken into CAS without a mod, but if you're interested in using one, NRaas MasterController would allow you to do it.  Click on the mother and select NRaas > MasterController > Advanced > Edit in CAS.  Or if the mother can't be clicked because she's in labor, click on City Hall or an in-game computer and select NRaas > MC > Sim > Advanced > Edit in CAS, and select the mother.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (911 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@elsabjorntorp011 It is a long time since I have played TS3 and I never played it on a Mac. I think you should ask this question on another board of this forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/the-sims-3-technical-issues-mac-en.
Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 7 (952 Views)

@elsabjorntorp011  There are several reasons that this can happen, but one thing that sometimes helps is to have your sim have the baby elsewhere, i.e. if she's been going to the hospital, let her have the baby at home, and vice versa.

If that doesn't help, ttry playing in a clean user folder: move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then open the launcher to spawn a clean folder.  Open the old Sims 3 folder, right-click on the Saves folder inside and select Copy, then right-click inside the new Sims 3 folder and Paste.  Don't add anything else to the new folder, at least not yet, unless your save takes place in a store or custom world, in which case install that world.  Then see whether you can get past the birth without a crash.

Message 3 of 7 (925 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much! The second one worked. But the problem now is that the baby and mother s appearence arent loaded in so theyre all black.

Message 4 of 7 (920 Views)

@elsabjorntorp011  It sounds like the mother is missing a custom skin, and the baby is inheriting it from her.  You can try installing just that skin, nothing else, in the clean folder, and see if you can get through the birth again.

However, it's possible that the skin itself is the issue, as in, the game crashes when it's applied to the baby.  So if the game crashes when the mother is wearing the skin, you'll need to change her skin before birth, or else change both of theirs after birth.  Pregnant sims can't be taken into CAS without a mod, but if you're interested in using one, NRaas MasterController would allow you to do it.  Click on the mother and select NRaas > MasterController > Advanced > Edit in CAS.  Or if the mother can't be clicked because she's in labor, click on City Hall or an in-game computer and select NRaas > MC > Sim > Advanced > Edit in CAS, and select the mother.

Message 5 of 7 (912 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! But I just made a new Sims and they were fine. But now it keeps crashing again. I did what you answered befors but now it doesnt work. ):

Message 6 of 7 (884 Views)

@elsabjorntorp011  When is the game crashing?  Do your new sims use custom skins, and have you tried reassigning the skins?

Message 7 of 7 (871 Views)