Re: Sims 3 application not responding

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

@wastedlizzy  The Arezzo Bathroom Counter is a plague on Sims 3.  What likely happened is it was attached to another item you installed.  The only solutions are to try to get rid of it, or to reinstall your store content from scratch, leaving out whatever download the counter came with.  Here's how to find and remove bad custom content, although it's not foolproof:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

To reiterate, it's often not enough to simply uninstall through the launcher.  The item can still be attached to an installed sim, household, build, or world; or in a file in DCBackup.  You can delete everything in DCBackup except for ccmerged.package if you want; the other files are duplicates of installed Sims3Pack content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 27 (4,155 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I removed what i had from the store and it work to remove that bug but i think i should have a little bit of cc in my download at once so it could work

Message 22 of 27 (975 Views)

@wastedlizzy  As long as you don't reinstall whatever item came with the Arezzo counter, you should be fine.  It's still a good idea to check the launcher's installed content list to make sure you don't get any other items you don't want though.

Message 23 of 27 (973 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah but now it won’t let me log in do you have any ideas why?

Message 24 of 27 (969 Views)

@wastedlizzy  It won't let you login to where: Origin, the launcher, the store...?

Message 25 of 27 (967 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I know my password and such but it marks it like if i don't know it.

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 7.23.15 PM.png

Message 26 of 27 (964 Views)

@wastedlizzy  Sometimes the in-game login stops cooperating temporarily, so please try it again.  (I tried just now and it worked for me.)  If you still can't login, clear your browser caches for Safari and whatever your default browser is, if it's not Safari.

If that doesn't help either, please change your password to something with only letters and numbers, no special characters, accents, etc., at least temporarily.  Then clear your browser caches again and see whether you can login.

Message 27 of 27 (960 Views)