Sims 3 application not responding

by wastedlizzy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 application not responding

★★★ Apprentice

So i just upgraded my Mac and will i played without any mods and cc and it work fine and then i installed cc and it worked until i wanted to play the game and it said that the application doesn't respond and i removed my mods and it turns into a black screen and then takes me to origin while the app just says not responding.

Message 1 of 27 (3,426 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 application not responding

@wastedlizzy  The Arezzo Bathroom Counter is a plague on Sims 3.  What likely happened is it was attached to another item you installed.  The only solutions are to try to get rid of it, or to reinstall your store content from scratch, leaving out whatever download the counter came with.  Here's how to find and remove bad custom content, although it's not foolproof:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

To reiterate, it's often not enough to simply uninstall through the launcher.  The item can still be attached to an installed sim, household, build, or world; or in a file in DCBackup.  You can delete everything in DCBackup except for ccmerged.package if you want; the other files are duplicates of installed Sims3Pack content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 21 of 27 (4,154 Views)

All Replies

@wastedlizzy  It sounds like you have some bad custom content.  Try removing all your cc, and if that doesn't help, start over with a clean Sims 3 user folder (the one in Documents > Electronic Arts) and start adding your existing content into that folder.  You don't need to ditch your saves, but leave them for last, after you've sorted through everything else.

Message 2 of 27 (3,417 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So i did what you suggested and removed all the cc and it work but when i go in to put the cc back it keeps on doing it and i think its a cc problem do you hav any ways to test the cc?

Message 3 of 27 (3,389 Views)

★★ Pro
@wastedlizzy It's more like a lottery game, you should put it back by batches and test if the game loads. I've been lucky so far. But cc is always something that we have to keep our eyes on it, specially with some of them not being updated for so long and now the game running in a "special" circumstances. Good luck!
Message 4 of 27 (3,376 Views)

@wastedlizzy  The way I test custom content is by installing it into a clean Sims 3 user folder.  If the content doesn't work in a clean folder, with nothing else installed, then it's probably either broken or requires a pack or item I don't have, and I can't use it.  But then most cc works fine for me, so I already know the issue isn't my computer.

If a cc item works in a clean user folder but not in my existing one, then the problem is something in my existing one, and I need to figure out what.  That can be a bit tedious but shouldn't be overly complicated.  But please test in a clean folder first, so you know whether the issue is the cc itself or something else.

Message 5 of 27 (3,372 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I did what you recommend and and i checked the cc separately and it all worked fine but the problem is when i put it all together and try to go into game play it’s still saying the app is not responding

Message 6 of 27 (3,325 Views)

@wastedlizzy  What kind of custom content is this: Sims3Packs, .package files, or both?

Message 7 of 27 (3,300 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

sims3packs

Message 8 of 27 (3,295 Views)

@wastedlizzy  Okay, so what happens if you install the packs a few at a time into a clean Sims 3 folder?  If and when the game stops working, please go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > DCCache, switch to list view if you're not using it already, and take a screenshot.  You'll need to embed it within a post, using the button two to the right of the emoji button, rather than attaching it.

Please also let me know the last item(s) you installed before the game stopped working.

Message 9 of 27 (3,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I installed small packs in new folders and they all seem to work in small packs but when it comes to like installing all of them they are successfully installed but whenever i try to play the screen goes full screen and turns black and then minimize and goes to to my origin and then i go to check on the app and it says not responding. and i went to check on the DCCache and this shows up. Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 7.59.31 PM.png

Message 10 of 27 (3,276 Views)