Re: Sims 3 & OS X El Captain

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 3 & OS X El Captain

★★★★★ Newbie

I used to play the sims 3 before and i had EP's installed. The EP's were Seasons, Ambitions, Pets, University, World Adventures, Generations, Supernatural, Island Paradise, & Into The Future. When i used to play it before it would say there was no disc found while there was! So a week later i decided to uninstall it and reinstall it. And now when i try to install the base game it would always be stuck on 839 out of 875! I really just want to play my favorite game but this is just making me more and more fustrated! I ordered all of my sims 3 games off of amazon. I dont use origin because i saw some reviews about it on here saying its bad so i decided not to use origin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (203 Views)

@WonderlandSummer

Origin is absolutely fine. If you want to get past the disc error issue you must use Origin to download the digital version of the game. Full instructions here.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (191 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It says "The product code you have entered is not valid. Please confirm that the code has been entered correctly." Did my code expired or something? :/

Message 3 of 4 (188 Views)

@WonderlandSummer

Check that you're not getting O and 0, Z and 2, B and 8 etc muddled up. You could contact customer support and have them check your code - http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (181 Views)