Re: Sims 3 Won't Launch - MAC

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 3 Won't Launch - MAC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So basically I installed the Sims 3 bundle pack (Base game, late night and high end loft stuff) But when I launch, it goes to the loading screen and it says "There is a problem connecting to the server, please ensure your internet connection is active, if the problem persists again, try again later" I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but nothing works.

Message 1 of 3 (345 Views)

@KpopLoyal  This is a known issue with authenticating the game in mac OS, but it's not supposed to happen if you've installed Late Night (or any newer pack).  It sounds like you might only have the base game installed.  The packs have to be downloaded and installed separately; expansion and stuff packs show under the More dropdown menu in Origin, when you're viewing TS3 in your game library.

Regardless, here's how to fix the connection error:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Sims-3-quot-There-is-a-problem-connecting-to-the-server-quot/...

If, for some reason, you do have LN installed and are still seeing the error, or if the above process doesn't work, try it again, but using the paul.dll file from the EP04 folder instead.

If and when you do get Late Night, you'll probably get an unknown error message when you try to launch.  This is easy to fix—just create an alias for the pack in your Applications folder, alongside the alias for the base game.

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-packs-not-showing-as-installed/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (336 Views)

@KpopLoyal

Moved your post to the Mac forum Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (316 Views)