Sims 3 University is downloaded and installed but won't launch[Mac]

by Hozoo98

Original Post

Sims 3 University is downloaded and installed but won't launch[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I purchased a Sims 3 University disc from a local store, but since I have a MacBook Air, I must download the game through Origin (MacBook Airs do not have CD disk ports). So I downloaded and installed the game, but now the game won't launch. In the Sims 3 launcher, it doesn't show up in the bottom bar that I have University Life. I am very frustrated. In the Sims 3 uninstaller, there isn't even an option to uninstall Sims 3 University Life, although Origin insists that the game is ready to play. So I uninstalled the Sims the base game along with all expansion packs, and then reinstalled the base game, along with Seasons and University Life. Seasons is working, but University life is once again messing up. Shows up as installed in Origin but isn't, doesn't show up in the Sims 3 launcher. 

I NEED HELP! I contacted EA support once but that didn't help at all. I paid for the stupid game and I just want it to work!

@Bluebellflora please and thank you in advance

Message 1 of 2 (264 Views)

Re: Sims 3 University is downloaded and installed but won't launch[Mac]

@Hozoo98

When you uninstalled the base game did you just use the uninstaller or did you go into your Mac's Library folder and also delete all the residual files that get left behind? Can you manually uninstall UL? 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (248 Views)