Sims 3 Roaring Heights Won't Install

by TaxidermyDogLamp

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Roaring Heights Won't Install

★★★★★ Novice

This morning I completely wiped my sims downloads folder in case there was some issue with my cc and store content. The good news is, after doing that and deleting the cc world I had installed, I managed to get the RH installed and the world shows up as a .world in my installed worlds file. Unfortunately, it still doesn't show up in game.

Message 11 of 24 (1,120 Views)

@TaxidermyDogLamp  What do you mean, you wiped your downloads folder and uninstalled a cc world?  If you move your Sims 3 folder to your desktop and open the launcher, the new folder should have no downloads, no cc, no content at all.  The question is whether installing RH into that new folder, with nothing else in place at all, can be made to work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 24 (1,103 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Other sources were saying that third party cc could be causing issues so I just deleted all of it from my original files figuring if I needed any of it I could go back and find it. I physically went in and dragged all of my cc sims3packs to the trash, and I moved the cc world file I had to the trash.
Today, I've also tried a few other suggestions from various corners of the internet and nothing is working. The new problem is that I've been able to install RH and all its stuff, everything shows up on the launcher as installed, the RH .world file shows up, but absolutely nothing comes up in game for it. No CAS items, no buy mode items, no RH world.
Message 13 of 24 (1,100 Views)

@TaxidermyDogLamp  Okay, but that's different than moving the entire Sims 3 folder to your desktop.  Please do that, open the launcher to create a new folder, and try to install RH.  There are too many other random files that might be a problem to sort through; this is the only truly reliable way to test.

Message 14 of 24 (1,095 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict It didn't show up with a clean Sims 3 folder, either.
Message 15 of 24 (1,085 Views)

@TaxidermyDogLamp  Okay, you can try downloading it with Firefox (into another clean folder), if you haven't already.  And you can try installing it with the store content patches in place.

Otherwise, I'll ask the couple of other Mac users I know if they own RH, and whether it currently works.

Message 16 of 24 (1,051 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Unfortunately, it's still not working Frown
I'm going to get in contact with EA's tech support and see if this is a known problem and if I can possibly get a refund or something.
Thank you so much for all your help!
Message 17 of 24 (1,034 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

SOLVED: I installed a bunch of .package mods that were working just fine in my game, but then I added some of my old sims3pack cc that worked before I got rid of it and noticed it wasn't showing up in game. After seeing that, I realized this issue was that sims3packs weren't showing up in game even though they were installed. So, literally all I did to fix this issue was to check the "run without cc" box and then uncheck it and then run the game. Super easy fix, no idea why it didn't work before.

Message 18 of 24 (6,587 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TaxidermyDogLamp  That is a very strange solution, but I'm glad to hear Roaring Heights is working now.  I'll remember it if I see a similar issue.  Thanks so much for coming back to update.

Message 19 of 24 (985 Views)

★★ Novice
@TaxidermyDogLamp Hey! I'm having a really similar problem. Could you please explain to me what exactly ""the run without cc" box" means?
Message 20 of 24 (866 Views)