Sims 3 Mac won't launch

by jjoyal92

Original Post

Sims 3 Mac won't launch

★★★ Newbie

Hi! 

So I used to have the Sims 2 and 3 forever ago; lost the CDs so I thought I try this.  Bought it a month ago, went through the process and then would get an error message. Got pissed and put it away.  With being stuck in the house, I decided to try again. I cleared any former Sims thinking that might be an issue, deleted a bunch of data, documents, photos, etc. to free up space.  Again went through the download process and once its finished and I go to play all it says unknown error occurred and thats it..... I DONT UNDERSTAND. I do have an older MAC. Im currently running macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6 on a MacBook Pro 2011 with 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 if any of that helps.

Please send help, I want to play so bad or want my damn money back

thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2 (248 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Mac won't launch

@jjoyal92  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 Mac section.

Please start by doing a clean uninstall of everything Sims 3-related; the normal uninstall process leaves behind hidden files that can prevent the game from launching later.

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

Install the base game only, no packs yet, and run the Super Patch (digital download version) to manually patch the game to 1.67.  The launcher doesn't always do a thorough job of patching on its own.

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-manual-super-patch-for-mac-1-67/

Try launching the game at this point, and let me know whether you get an unknown error.  The server error is different and can be fixed or ignored, depending on which packs, if any, you plan to install.  Please list those packs, so I can write out instructions for applying workarounds to the ones that need extra help to get installed properly.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (210 Views)