Re: Sims 3 Late Night won't install.

by wilsmith1924

Original Post

Sims 3 Late Night won't install.

★★★★★ Novice

The install button is there but nothing happens. 

Message 1 of 6 (321 Views)

@wilsmith1924  Are you playing the 64-bit version of Sims 3 or the old 32-bit version?  (Or are you playing through Windows?)  Do you have more than one entry for Late Night in your list of packs, and if so, does another entry have a Download button you can try instead?  I have multiple copies of each of my packs, but only one per pack has a working Download button.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (306 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I am using a Mac on the 64 bit software. I got it off origin and the download button is there but doesn’t do anything. Is there a solution to this?
Message 3 of 6 (303 Views)

@wilsmith1924  Again, do you have more than one entry for Late Night in your list of packs, and does another copy have a Download button that does work?  Are you in fact clicking on the 64-bit version of Sims 3 in your library?  If you click on the 32-bit version and then click Download on the Late Night listing within, the Download button won't work.  You specifically have to go through the 64-bit entry.

Message 4 of 6 (301 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I am using the 64 bit one. There is only 2 and the other just says ‘Details’.
Message 5 of 6 (286 Views)

@wilsmith1924  Try running the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Repair your game afterwards: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, enable automatic game updates in Origin: hover over your username, select Applicaiton Settings, and under Application (the first header), scroll down to Client update and enable auto game updates.  Then quit, reset Origin, and see whether Late Night starts downloading automatically.  If it doesn't, repair the game, quit Origin, and reopen it.

If auto game update are already enabled, disable them, reset Origin, then try the process above.

Message 6 of 6 (281 Views)