Sims 3 Issues on Mac

by 2olluxCapt0r

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Issues on Mac

★★ Novice

I've been running the Sims 3 on my MacBook Pro for a while now with no issues and recently I decided to install some mods to enhance my game experience. I would load my mods in small batches to make sure they worked and sure enough there's no compatibility issues and everything is fine. When I tried to run them all at once my game would freeze and get stuck at the loading screen (blue with the plumbob) and not work.

I know I don't have any corrupted packages because as I stated before they work fine in batches of 100. I also know it's not an issue of placement or Resource.cfg because as I stated before the mods worked. I can rule out graphics incompatibility as well because the Sims 3 has always worked on my computer and it is a mid 2012 model.

If anyone could tell me a way to run my mods all together I would really appreciate it. I have already sorted and cleaned out mods so I'm really just holding on to the bare minimum here (1.55 GB).

Computer specs:

Macbook Pro (13 - inch, Mid 2012)

Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Message 1 of 4 (509 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Issues on Mac

EA app Team

Hi @2olluxCapt0r,

If the game works without mods and then you put your mods and it stops working, it definitely looks like a mods issue. I understand you have tried them in small batches, so you know the mods are compatible with the game... but have you considered mods being incompatible with other mods? For example, two mods which modify the same game files? Those could be as dangerous and cause this kind of issues as well.

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (577 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @2olluxCapt0r,

If the game works without mods and then you put your mods and it stops working, it definitely looks like a mods issue. I understand you have tried them in small batches, so you know the mods are compatible with the game... but have you considered mods being incompatible with other mods? For example, two mods which modify the same game files? Those could be as dangerous and cause this kind of issues as well.

-Mai

Message 2 of 4 (578 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there a way to check for mod incompatibility or will it be a matter of putting mods in one at a time?

Message 3 of 4 (487 Views)

@2olluxCapt0r

You can run Custard and Dashboard on your Mac using Mono - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/494790/how-to-use-delphys-dashboard-and-custard-on-mac-tu...

It's really easy to use Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (483 Views)