Re: Sims 3 Into The Future Crashes when I visit descendants?

by OneSmugPuggo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Into The Future Crashes when I visit descendants?

★★★★ Novice

Long story short, my game has been totally fine except when I visit my descendants' house in Into the Future. It crashes whenever I so much as even scroll near the house. The only mods I use are nraas mods like errortrap, overwatch, debug, and woohooer. I also have cc but I don't know if that would make the game crash. Should I bring my family back home and reload the future so the descendants are different? I'm not sure what to do!

Message 1 of 5 (326 Views)

Accepted Solution

@OneSmugPuggo  It's possible the house itself is the problem.  You can test in a new save: pick a random household, send a sim or two to the future, and see whether you can look at the same house without the game crashing.  If not, then you may need to bulldoze and replace the house in Edit Town.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (289 Views)

All Replies

@OneSmugPuggo  Does ErrorTrap throw an error when the crash happens?  You'd get a scripterror in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  If you find one or more from the time of the crash, you can start a thread on the NRaas site and upload the error(s), specifically by dragging and dropping the files themselves into the text box where you'd type your post.

If ErrorTrap is throwing errors when you load the game, they might just be routine cleanup, but the people at NRaas could check them to make sure.  I myself am not very skilled at reading these files, hence my suggestion to take them to NRaas.

If you're not getting errors, or you want to try troubleshooting on your own first, add NRaas MasterController and run a town reset while your sims are in the future.  Click on the base camp, choose NRaas > MC > Town Options > Reset Everything, let it finish (it might take a few minutes), then use "save as" to rename the save.  Quit to desktop and delete the five cache files in the same Sims 3 user folder:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't help, let me know.  There are plenty of possible reasons for this kind of crash, including certain graphics rendering issues present only in the 64-bit version of Sims 3, so it might take some testing to sort this out.

Message 2 of 5 (322 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The reset didn't work and I did not see any errors from errortrap, but other than the descendant house everything is fine. I can even talk to descendants when they're anywhere other than that damn house. I do have the problem report from when the game crashed but I don't know if that is any help at all. The good thing is as long as I don't scroll by that particular area, the game runs fine! I'm thinking about returning to the past and changing the descendants and seeing if that fixes stuff but that's it

Message 3 of 5 (297 Views)

@OneSmugPuggo  It's possible the house itself is the problem.  You can test in a new save: pick a random household, send a sim or two to the future, and see whether you can look at the same house without the game crashing.  If not, then you may need to bulldoze and replace the house in Edit Town.

Message 4 of 5 (290 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Woah... amazing! It worked! I moved my descendants into a different (much nicer) house and completely deleted the lot and... everything is great! The new descendant house good too Standard smile

Thank you so much! I never would have thought of doing that on my own :D

Message 5 of 5 (280 Views)