Re: Sims 3 Important Message Error

by YouMeNYC

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Important Message Error

★ Novice

Hi, fellow Simmers!

So, I've been spending the past two days trying to fix this. Scouring the HQ, trying out solutions that worked for other players... but this is still an issue for me. 

I have the Sims 3 downloaded and installed via Origin. It's worked perfectly fine on my iMac (which is a mid-2011 model) until I upgraded to macOS High Sierra. At first the issue had to do with the Late Night, Ambitions, Fast Lane, and High End Loft packs. The solution to those worked just fine. But now I have a newer problem, and I see it's affected others as well.

Essentially when my launcher pops up and I click 'Play', the game seems like it's going to start up, but then an EA 'Important Message' pop-up appears saying the game can't connect to the server, and I can't play. I've already tried the paul.dll file replacement solution that I found on another forum post, but it hasn't worked for me. I've run out of options and don't know what else to do. I figured I'd ask here before contacting EA Support, since their hours are affected by COVID.

Here's some more details on my current Mac system:

iMac, mid-2011

macOS High Sierra, Version 10.13.6

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Sims 3 games I have installed:

-Base game

-Late Night (unknown error already fixed)

-Generations

-Pets

-Seasons

-Showtime

-University Life

-Town Life Stuff

-Diesel Stuff

-Master Suite Stuff

-70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff

I do own the remaining stuff packs and expansion packs, but am hesitant to install the rest since I'm not sure what the root of the issue is (if it's the base game specifically, Origin and EA, or my computer itself). 

Any and all help is very much appreciated! Fingers crossed...

Message 1 of 5 (675 Views)

Accepted Solution

@YouMeNYC  Try it now; the issue should be fixed.  Given the packs you've installed, you shouldn't need any extra workaround for the server issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (564 Views)

All Replies

@YouMeNYC  I just tested myself, and the paul.dll workaround isn't fixing the issue anymore.  (Also, with the packs you've installed, you wouldn't have needed that particular workaround until today.)  I've flagged it already, and I'll let you know if and when there's a fix.  Sorry I don't have better news, but hopefully this is just a blip, and things will get sorted out soon.

Installing more packs won't help, or at least it doesn't seem so.

Message 2 of 5 (630 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much for reaching out- you’ve been so helpful on other posts and I feel better knowing I’m not doing something wrong... it just needs to get fixed up by EA. Here’s to hoping it does! Thank you again.

Message 3 of 5 (594 Views)

@YouMeNYC  Try it now; the issue should be fixed.  Given the packs you've installed, you shouldn't need any extra workaround for the server issue.

Message 4 of 5 (565 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, it worked! Whatever happened, I'm so grateful I get to play these games again! Thank you so much :D

Message 5 of 5 (445 Views)