Sims 3 House with CC

by addalily

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 House with CC

★ Guide

I recently downloaded a house for my game. It contained a lot of CC in the build but when I downloaded it and placed it in my world, none of that CC was there/appeared. I've seen multiple people be able to get the house with CC working, and I'm wondering if there's a fix with this problem? The person didn't link any of the CC they placed in the build and just the download for the house itself.

Message 1 of 7 (742 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 House with CC

@addalily  I just downloaded and tested the house, and I didn't see any custom content either.  The only installed item in the launcher is the build itself.  Plus, there's only a single file in the DCBackup folder, where there should be one per item installed.  I also checked in-game for build/buy custom or store items (sometimes cc shows up as store stuff), and nothing appeared in any of the categories.

It may be that people need to download the cc separately to have it appear.  However, I didn't get a missing items notice when I placed the house and went to build on it, although that message may only appear when loading a save rather than messing around in Edit Town.  (At least, that's the only time I've seen it.)  It's possible that the creator inadvertently left out the cc, perhaps by clearing out DCBackup before exporting the build.

Point is, you're correct, it's not you, it's the build, or at least it's the build in macOS.  I can test in Windows later, if you want, but I suspect I'll see the same thing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (667 Views)

All Replies

@addalily  Did you download a Sims3Pack or a .package file?  If it's the latter, you'd need to install the custom content separately; a single .package file isn't going to contain the associated cc.  If this is a Sims3Pack, then it could include the cc, but maybe it didn't install properly.  Or maybe the cc isn't part of the pack; it's not always easy to tell.

One thing you can try is installing it into a clean user folder, just to see what you get.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to create a new folder, download and install a fresh copy of this house, and load the game to see how it looks.

Message 2 of 7 (723 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict It's a Sims3Pack and I tried redownloading the house on a clean folder like you suggested but nothing changed and I still had none of the CC.
Message 3 of 7 (711 Views)

@addalily  It's entirely possible the cc isn't included in the pack.  If you send me a link to it (via private message; links to third-party downloads aren't allowed on this site), I can check it in my own game and see how it looks.  Or you could try contacting the creator to ask.

Message 4 of 7 (699 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict I sent you the download link, but I just downloaded another build with CC to check if it could just be my game. The build I downloaded came with all the CC so by now I'm somewhat certain that it's just that specific build.
Message 5 of 7 (676 Views)

@addalily  I just downloaded and tested the house, and I didn't see any custom content either.  The only installed item in the launcher is the build itself.  Plus, there's only a single file in the DCBackup folder, where there should be one per item installed.  I also checked in-game for build/buy custom or store items (sometimes cc shows up as store stuff), and nothing appeared in any of the categories.

It may be that people need to download the cc separately to have it appear.  However, I didn't get a missing items notice when I placed the house and went to build on it, although that message may only appear when loading a save rather than messing around in Edit Town.  (At least, that's the only time I've seen it.)  It's possible that the creator inadvertently left out the cc, perhaps by clearing out DCBackup before exporting the build.

Point is, you're correct, it's not you, it's the build, or at least it's the build in macOS.  I can test in Windows later, if you want, but I suspect I'll see the same thing.

Message 6 of 7 (668 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict Thank you for the help! The windows thing wouldn't be needed, I'm glad it's cleared up.
Message 7 of 7 (654 Views)