Re: Sims 3 Expansions Won't Install, Only Says 'Details'?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Expansions Won't Install, Only Says 'Details'?

@wilsmith1924  Please make sure you don't have multiple copies of each pack, one with a Download button.  I have two per pack I own: one entry says Download, the other says Details.

If that's not the issue, you're likely missing the "entitlements," as they're called, for the 64-bit versions of your packs.  You'll need to contact EA customer support and ask that those be added to your account.  To be clear (and sometimes you need to be extra clear with support), you're not asking for new packs or new codes, just that the proper entitlements be applied to your account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 311 of 694 (648 Views)

Can't get Sims 3 64bit

★★ Novice

Dear EA,

I have the Apple macbook with the new M1 chip and I'm trying to install the 64-bit Sims 3 but only the 32-bit shows up in my library. I've already tried the reset origin tool. 

Please help me out,

Much Thanks,

- Alyssa 

Message 312 of 694 (507 Views)

Re: Can't get Sims 3 64bit

Community Manager

Hey @Aroora,

When the 64-bit version was rolled out recently, there were some cases where that didn't automatically show up for everyone. That may be what's going on here as well.

If you reach out to an advisor, they should be able to take a look at the account to make sure you have the correct version of all the games in your library.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/contact-ea-help/ 

Mako.png
Message 313 of 694 (487 Views)

Re: Can't get Sims 3 64bit

@Aroora  I'm not EA, but this is a common issue with a (usually) easy fix.  You'll need to contact EA customer support and request that the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 64-bit version be added to your account.  If you own any packs, ask for the entitlements for those as well.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 314 of 694 (486 Views)

Re: Sims 3 'World Adventure' Extension: Not Downloading

★★★ Newbie

Hi ! Do you know how they fixed it ? Standard smile Same problem here I think !

Message 315 of 694 (559 Views)

@justineb0404  You just need to ask EA support to add the "entitlements," as they're called, for the base game and/or any missing packs.  Once the support rep understands the issue, it's very easy for them to fix.

Message 316 of 694 (543 Views)

★★ Novice
@justineb0404 Yes! The first answer given by @puzzlezaddict is helpful, that's how I got it fixed :-)
Message 317 of 694 (534 Views)

Re: [SOLVED] 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

★★ Novice

Hi sorry I know this thread has been dead for a few weeks, but today I bought Generations amd it only says “unlocked”, but gives me no option to download it. What do I need to tell support so that they understand what I need? 

Message 318 of 694 (900 Views)

Re: [SOLVED] 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

@richchichester  The magic word is "entitlement," as in, you need to request that the entitlement for the 64-bit version of Generations be added to your account.  This is simple for a support rep to do; it's just a matter of communicating.

Message 319 of 694 (880 Views)

Sims 3 is unlocked but not downloaded?

★ Novice

I downloaded sims 3 seasons and pets to my origin today and it says they are unlocked, but they aren't showing up as downloaded, and there is no download button or play button. All my previously downloaded packs are working. The packs are not showing up in the sims 3 launcher either. I have tried repairing the game, and deleting and reinstalling origin, and resetting origin. So far nothing has worked. Please give me suggestions, I paid for the packs and want to play them!

Message 320 of 694 (552 Views)