Re: Sims 3 Early 2016 MacBook macOS Sierra

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 3 Early 2016 MacBook macOS Sierra

★★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I posted a month or two ago about my Early 2016 MacBook (not an Air or Pro) and playing the Sims 3 on it. My Mac isn't equipped with fans as it's not made for gameplay of any type, but I managed to get the base game working wonderfully along with CC and Monte Vista / Riverview. 

My question comes with wanting to install Island Paradise through Origin on my Mac, but it says that the game needs to be updated and that Island Paradise may be incompatible. I want to know if I can still install the EP somehow.

Like I said, the base game works flawlessly even on high settings and with Custom Content. I don't know if I have to update Origin or my game or what. 

Message 1 of 3 (165 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This prompt is what comes up on the installer when I try to download it from Origin. 

I have tried installing EPs before on this computer without updating anything and it never works for whatever reason. I always had to uninstall everything afterwards, but this time I saved some backups onto my computer. 

If I could get any explanation or help with this issue it would mean so much!!

Message 2 of 3 (162 Views)

@xojmo13xo

Ignore it. It is because your game is patched to a higher level than the EP is expecting. Just click Continue.

Playing on one of the new fanless, low powered MacBooks though? They're not gaming machines by any stretch of the imagination.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (142 Views)