Sims 3 EP System does not support 32-bit

by starlightsssss

Original Post

Sims 3 EP System does not support 32-bit

★★★ Newbie

It's pretty late, but I bought the Sims 3 Expansion Bundle a while back in December last year when it was on sale for $10 from the Origin store, and till this day I still have not been able to play either of the packs which were Generations in addition to the World Adventures pack. It was only $10 at the time but it's really frustrating because money is money and I wanted to be able to use those packs. I already have the base game and the late night expansion pack that I had got in a starter pack way before that at it's original price $20 and they worked perfectly fine as well as the fact it came in the 64-bit version. However, the Expansion Bundle does show that I have the two packs unlocked but it does tell me that it doesn't support my system and requires 32-bit. I tried reaching out to EA over their customer support and all they sent me was a link to a forum that gave me basic instructions on downloading the 64-bit version and it gave me no information on what to do with the packs I have. I can't even refund it either. 

Message 1 of 10 (2,431 Views)

Re: Sims 3 EP System does not support 32-bit

@starlightsssss  I'm sorry to send you back to support again, but that's the only way to get this fixed.  This time, ask the support rep to add the "entitlements," as they're called, for the 64-bit versions of your missing packs.  If the rep doesn't understand, you can link them this very long thread on the subject:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/SOLVED-64-bit-Sims-3-content-not-in-Origin-library/m-...

And if you still don't get anywhere, try contacting EA Help on Twitter or Facebook.  I've heard particularly good things about Twitter help during U.S. business hours.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (2,426 Views)

I purcha

★★★ Newbie

I purchased the sims 3 bundles with generation and world adventures but they are not downloading onto my origin app. They appear as unlocked under the sims 3 game but I am not being given an option to download them.  I already have the 64 bit version of sims 3 through origin. 

Message 3 of 10 (2,455 Views)

Re: I purcha

@haylizzle618  You'll need to contact EA customer support and ask that the "entitlements," as they're called, for the 64-bit versions of World Adventures and Generations be added to your account.  This is simple for a support rep to do.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If the support rep doesn't understand or says it isn't possible, you can link them this very long thread on the subject:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/SOLVED-64-bit-Sims-3-content-not-in-Origin-library/td...

You could also try EA Help on Twitter or Facebook.  I hear good things in particular about Twitter during U.S. business hours.

Message 4 of 10 (2,429 Views)

Sims 3 Expansion Bundle not downloading

★★★ Newbie

I purchased the Sims 3 Expansion Bundle today, but it does not give me the option to download the expansions. They say that they are "unlocked" but there is no download option.

Message 5 of 10 (2,436 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Bundle not downloading

@keilahg96  You'll need to contact EA customer support and ask that the "entitlements," as they're called, for the 64-bit versions of World Adventures and Generations be added to your account.  This is simple for a support rep to do.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If the support rep doesn't understand or says it isn't possible, you can link them this very long thread on the subject:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/SOLVED-64-bit-Sims-3-content-not-in-Origin-library/td...

You could also try EA Help on Twitter or Facebook.  I hear good things in particular about Twitter during U.S. business hours.

Message 6 of 10 (2,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @starlightsssss @keilahg96 @haylizzle618 Would it be possible to get an Error Report ID from our PC client for this?

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 7 of 10 (2,285 Views)

Community Manager

HI @starlightsssss @keilahg96 @haylizzle618 Wanted to confirm if you are still encountering issues, or if you manage to find a resolution for this?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 10 (2,168 Views)

Community Manager

HI @starlightsssss @keilahg96 @haylizzle618 Wanted to confirm if anything has changed, or if you are still running into issues?

Illium.png

Message 9 of 10 (1,955 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

The team has fixed an issue with the Expansion Bundle where it wasn't playable on 64-bit/Metal Macs in some cases.  If anyone is still encountering this issue, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 10 (1,493 Views)