Sims 3 Diaper Changing table gone

by JJANGAP

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Diaper Changing table gone

★★ Novice

Hello! I haven't played in couple months but decided to log back in and had to update. After the update I realized the baby diaper changing table is gone. Did Sims 3 remove the diaper changing table or is that a glitch?

Message 1 of 6 (761 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Diaper Changing table gone

@JJANGAP  I don't think it's been removed.  You're the first person to say it's gone, and I'm guessing enough other people own it that someone else would have noticed it missing.

The changing table is premium content though, and as such it also depends on a file labeled ccmerged.package, which is in DCBackup.  If this file is corrupt, premium store content may stop working.  Between that and the fact that the store content bundles themselves can become corrupt, it's still likely that the issue is something in your user folder.

Depending on how much regular and premium store content you have, there are a couple different approaches you could take to rebuilding the file.  Please let me know how much you have and whether it would be a burden to reinstall all of it.  If it would be, there are shortcuts you can try instead.

First though, try installing the changing table in a new user folder, just to make sure it does in fact work in your game.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, download a fresh copy of the table, install it, and see whether it shows up in-game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (736 Views)

All Replies

@JJANGAP  I don't own the table myself, so I can't check, but it should still work.  Does it appear as installed in the launcher?  If so, uninstall it from there and reinstall it; if not, just reinstall.  Let me know whether it shows up in-game.

Message 2 of 6 (745 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict
Appreciate it! I've tried installing it again but it doesn't show up.. Maybe Sims 3 deleted it?
Message 3 of 6 (739 Views)

@JJANGAP  I don't think it's been removed.  You're the first person to say it's gone, and I'm guessing enough other people own it that someone else would have noticed it missing.

The changing table is premium content though, and as such it also depends on a file labeled ccmerged.package, which is in DCBackup.  If this file is corrupt, premium store content may stop working.  Between that and the fact that the store content bundles themselves can become corrupt, it's still likely that the issue is something in your user folder.

Depending on how much regular and premium store content you have, there are a couple different approaches you could take to rebuilding the file.  Please let me know how much you have and whether it would be a burden to reinstall all of it.  If it would be, there are shortcuts you can try instead.

First though, try installing the changing table in a new user folder, just to make sure it does in fact work in your game.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, download a fresh copy of the table, install it, and see whether it shows up in-game.

Message 4 of 6 (737 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I will try that out. Thank you for being very descriptive! Appreciate your help!
Message 5 of 6 (727 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Finally got it to work! Thank you! Your method worked!
Message 6 of 6 (711 Views)