Re: Sims 3 CC will not download

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 CC will not download

★★★ Newbie

Hello Everyone!

I am having a-lot of trouble with my cc for the sims 3 on mac. I watched many step by step tutorials of how to download cc and nothing is working. I first deleted the cache that was recommended on another post. Then i made a new folder labeled "Mods" then created two folders named "Overrides" and " Packages". Then i got the Resource.cfg next to the other folders. Then i dowloaded some content and nothing worked. I started to use a step by step how to and tested it out with the no into resource and just that in my mods and that would not work. I deleted the folder multiple times and recreated the folders, but something isn't working, Everything is unzipped because i have it do that automatically because i use mods in the sims 3. I tried to see if there were anything in settings that would not allow me to and nothing, I made sure that the box was not checked to play without mods. Im not sure what else i can do and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!.

Message 1 of 5 (792 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have you made sure that you add all your CC files to the downloads folder? They have to go there in order to be routed into the game. Once they are added to your downloads folder, they will show up in the Sims 3 launcher window under the Downloads Tab the next time you launch your game. From there, you have to select all the content that's listed and select Install. 

Message 2 of 5 (774 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@iyoung91 Hi! Thanks for your response ! So i did this and only a few showed up. Is there something i should look for before adding them in? Should i only add a few at at time? Thanks again!
Message 3 of 5 (764 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Sarah-Downing02 , it can be buggy at times. CC content such as hair, sims, and clothing, works well for me. For installing worlds and other content, that's where I've had some bugs and will generally have to do one install at a time. You can manually delete the items that were added in successfully from the downloads file folder, and maybe for the content that did not go through, try adding in one at a time. It might be that some files are bigger, and since the system can lag, perhaps trying one at a time might work.

Message 4 of 5 (750 Views)

@Sarah-Downing02  Just to clarify, custom content comes in two file types.  If a file ends in .package, it needs to go in Mods > Packages; if a file ends in .Sims3Pack, it needs to go in Downloads and be manually installed through the launcher.

For any .Sims3Pack files, please try installing them through the launcher and let me know whether they show up.  For .package files, if they're not working, please download a new Mods Framework from here:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

and let me know whether that helps.

In either case, be sure to delete the five cache files in the same Sims 3 folder each time you add or remove content, or each time you test if you're troubleshooting this (or any other) issue.  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (739 Views)