Sims 3 64 bit

by angelllliica

Original Post

Sims 3 64 bit

★ Apprentice

So i haven't been able to play the sims 3 on my mac for a while due to the update but today i saw the 64 bit is available so i downloaded it and i played it fine fora few hours. I first loaded the game and played whilst all of my expansion packs were downloading. I quit the game after a few hours and let me expansion packs finish downloading. Now when i try to play the game again the game launcher comes up and i hit play but it closes and a message comes up saying 'unable to start game...your the sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current sims 3 expansion pack. please update your game via the game launcher". I have tried repairing, looking for updates and uninstalling and reinstalling the game but nothing works. Please help!!!!

Message 1 of 6 (314 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64 bit

@angelllliica  Please go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and delete the file labeled Version.tag.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (309 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hi, I'm having the same issue but my Sims 3 folder isn't in the Electronic Arts folder only EA services. Even in my The Sims 3 folder, I don't have anything with the version.tag, is there anything else I can do? I've tried repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my laptop.
Message 3 of 6 (245 Views)

@liltierney  Please open Applications > Utilities, launch Terminal, and copy and paste this command:

find / -name "Version.tag" 2>/dev/null

The command will take a little while to search your hard drive, so don't close it even if you don't see anything happening.  (When it's done, you'll see the prompt for another command.)

Please copy and paste the results here.  You can write [username] instead of your actual username, but please leave the rest of the info intact.

Message 4 of 6 (230 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict /System/Volumes/Data/Users/username/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Version.tag
Message 5 of 6 (223 Views)

@liltierney  So Terminal didn't find any other Version.tag?  That's not what I'd expect.  Just to double-check, please open a Finder window and click Macintosh HD (or whatever you've renamed your hard disk) in the left panel.  If you don't see it, click Finder in the upper left corner of your screen, then Preferences > Sidebar, and check the box next to hard disks.

From Macintosh HD, click Users > your username> Documents > Electronic Arts, and you should see a Sims 3 folder.  If it has a Version.tag inside, delete it.  If not, move the entire Sims 3 folder to your desktop.  Then try to play.

If it still doesn't work, please repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

Message 6 of 6 (200 Views)