Re: Sims 3 64 bit worked at initial launch, but then stopped working

by tearose422

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 64 bit worked at initial launch, but then stopped working

★ Novice

I recently got a new computer and was so happy to find that when I download TS3 Metal 64 bit from Origin, that it actually worked on my computer. That was for a single day, and now when I try to launch TS3, I get this error (attached). I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled twice (making sure to leave out the Late Night Expansion pack as this was always buggy for me), but I still get the same error.

I did try to download content from the TS3 store, and I think that may have triggered the issue, but I deleted the content and reinstalled, so I am not sure why I keep getting the same error. Even just installing just the base game with none of the expansions causes the issue. Does anyone know how to fix this/a workaround? Thank you! 

Message 1 of 3 (709 Views)

Accepted Solution

@tearose422  Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and delete Version.tag, then see whether the game launches.  Make sure you're in the local version of Documents, not in your iCloud Drive.  You can see the full location of any file or folder by right-clicking it and selecting Get Info.

That usually works, but if it doesn't, move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then try to open the game again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (674 Views)

All Replies

@tearose422  Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and delete Version.tag, then see whether the game launches.  Make sure you're in the local version of Documents, not in your iCloud Drive.  You can see the full location of any file or folder by right-clicking it and selecting Get Info.

That usually works, but if it doesn't, move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then try to open the game again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (675 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! That did the trick!

Message 3 of 3 (649 Views)