Sims 3 64 bit wont launch error message

by yummy-yumerio

Original Post

Sims 3 64 bit wont launch error message

★★★ Newbie

Sims 3 64 bit not launching and I've tried everything. 

I recently reset my family's old Mac desktop it runs on Mac OS high sierra 10.13.36 which I understand is the based requirement for it to work. the specs are:

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)

processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB 

All previous sims 3 32 bit files were deleted in the reset and its reset origin and repaired the game twice, tried it online and offline and looked at all the forums on this and still, nothing is working. The same thing happens every time, I go to run the Sims 3, launcher pops up I click play and the origin page instantly opens and then the launcher crashes with an error message. I've disabled origin in-game too. I've tried moving the EA and the sims 3 files to my desktop (as suggested on other boards) but every time I go to run the game a new copy appears in the documents no matter how many times I move the files. I don't really know what else to do and am completely frustrated with this. Any advice idea would be great as I've already wasted 2 hours trying to get this thing to run. p.s. the expansion packs I have installed are Island paradise, pets, nightlife, seasons, world adventure, generations, and supernatural. I have no store content or CC downloaded. 

Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 2 (118 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64 bit wont launch error message

@yummy-yumerio  Your Mac doesn't support Metal and therefore can't run the 64-bit version of Sims 3, unfortunately.  High Sierra is also necessary but is not sufficient.

If you want help getting the 32-bit version running, please let me know which packs you'd like to install.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (101 Views)