Sims 3 64-bit won’t load

by Amy_Sims_Gamer

Original Post

Sims 3 64-bit won’t load

★★★ Novice

I was playing sims (I’m playing on my IMac) about 4 hours ago and then it crashed and wouldn’t open again. I am able to get to the launcher but when I press play the icon bounces and says ‘application isn’t responding’. I haven’t changed anything it just crashed and wouldn’t open again. I’ve tried to repair game, update game and then I uninstalled origin and sims 3 but still nothing. I tried to use origin offline but that didn’t work either. I don’t understand why it would work one minute and then not respond.

attached image of my specs

Message 1 of 4 (331 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64-bit won’t load

@Amy_Sims_Gamer  When you uninstalled the game, did you also remove the Sims 3 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts?  It may also have been deleted when you uninstalled, but that doesn't always happen.  If the old folder is still there, please move it to your desktop and try playing again.

If that doesn't help, please let me know whether you use iCloud, and if so, whether it's set to automatically sync the contents of Documents with cloud storage.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (292 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I did remove my files and back them up onto my desktop. I’m checking now for iCloud and I can’t see where it says iCloud is using documents 

Message 3 of 4 (280 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Update, I’ve loaded the sims given it time to calm down and it’s opened fully now, I don’t know what made it blip but it’s back to normal. Thankyou for the advice though Standard smile
Message 4 of 4 (274 Views)