Sims 3 64 bit will not launch

by aa576

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 64 bit will not launch

★ Novice

I have a 2015 MacBook I installed the Sims 3 64  bit (at that time I was using Catalina)All my content was able to download but whenever I would go in to play the game I press the play button and it will take me to a black screen briefly and then it would take me to a minimize version of my Mac Home Screen I tried repairing it in origin and updating and re-downloading at many times and it would never completely launch then big Slur came out So I updated my Mac to big slur to see if that would maybe help and now my Mac just goes to a black screen whenever I press launch game I have no idea what is wrong any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Message 1 of 3 (172 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 64 bit will not launch

@aa576  Please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then try to launch the game.  Let me know whether it works.

If you still can't play, please attach your deviceconfig.log to a post.  It's in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  You'll need to manually open the folders; the file won't show up in a search.  You can delete your user and computer names, about 25 lines down, but there's nothing else in that file that can identify you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (155 Views)

All Replies

@aa576  Please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then try to launch the game.  Let me know whether it works.

If you still can't play, please attach your deviceconfig.log to a post.  It's in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  You'll need to manually open the folders; the file won't show up in a search.  You can delete your user and computer names, about 25 lines down, but there's nothing else in that file that can identify you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (156 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict It worked thank you!
Message 3 of 3 (142 Views)