Sims 3 64 bit uninstall packs on origin?

by OneSmugPuggo

Original Post

Sims 3 64 bit uninstall packs on origin?

★★★★ Novice

I recently downloaded the sims 3 64-bit and metal version, as well as my packs. The problem is that origin automatically installed all of the packs I've bought over the years, but my mac is not fast enough to run them well and I would like to uninstall a few. Is there a way to do this without completely uninstalling the whole game? and if I do have to uninstall it, will I lose my saves? The packs I would like to uninstall are Seasons and Island Paradise

Message 1 of 4 (534 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64 bit uninstall packs on origin?

★★★ Guide
@OneSmugPuggo I was wondering about this too. My computer can play all the packs but there has to be some way of disabling some if you are having problems. I think it is better to disable rather than uninstall. In Sims 4 you can disable a pack by typing a command into Game Properties in Origin. James Turner has a guide for how to do this. I don't know if it would work for Sims 3 but you could always undo it if it didn't. Hopefully someone more knowledgable might pop in and give you a better answer in the meantime.
Message 2 of 4 (514 Views)

★★★★ Novice

good to know this isn't just me, yeah I really like how easy managing packs is in sims 4 but unfortunately, sims 3 was not ahead of its time >_> in the meantime, do you know if just uninstalling and reinstalling the game will do anything to my saves and cc?

Message 3 of 4 (511 Views)

@OneSmugPuggo  I haven't actually tried it to see whether uninstalling would delete the Sims 3 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts, which is where all your user content (saves, saved households, mods and custom content, etc.) are located.  But if you move that entire folder elsewhere, it won't get deleted during the uninstall process.  Then you can put it back when you're ready.

The Sims 3 Packs folder contains the data for your installed packs.  It may be in the main Applications folder, but if it's not, it's likely in Macintosh HD > Users > your username > Applications, alongside the (currently hidden) Sims 3.app.  I haven't tried trashing any packs from that folder either, so I'm not recommending it.  But if you don't mind uninstalling and reinstalling the game anyway, you can experiment a bit.  Just don't expect it to work; Origin may have critical data that those packs are installed stored elsewhere as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (502 Views)