Sims 3 64-bit: problems installing store/custom content

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sims3launcher/strings/kWarn_VerifyEPDependenciesFail: Text

[ Edited ]

@mariamdream  Please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you open the launcher, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  For now, don't add anything; just see whether you can install one item.

If that doesn't help, did you recently run the Origin reset tool or otherwise remove Origin-related files?  Are all of your packs listed as installed along the bottom of the launcher?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 371 of 402 (3,099 Views)

Re: Sims3launcher/strings/kWarn_VerifyEPDependenciesFail: Text

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ty So much for replying!! I did what you said and made the new folders - then did each CC 2 at a time until it eventually installed everything, So I think what happened is I was trying to install too many items at once and somehow this disrupted everything. Working fine now with no error.

Thank you again!! Lifesaver

Message 372 of 402 (3,074 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64-bit: problems installing store/custom content

★★ Novice

I have found that if you press a little harder on the trackpad it works?

Message 373 of 402 (2,181 Views)

Re: Can't install Sims 3 Store Store Purchased Content on Mac (64 bit-Metal)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, 

I am still having issues with downloading my items that I have purchased from the Sims 3 store. I have switched from Safari to Chrome to see if my browser was the problem but I am still getting the error message. I have a 13 in MacBook Pro retina early 2015. My macOS is Monterey version 12.4 and my processor is 2.9 GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5. I have refreshed both internet browsers, cleaned the history, deleted the sims 3 folder from the EA folder and have it create a new one.  

Message 374 of 402 (1,127 Views)

@nessatay2223  Have you tried Firefox yet?  That's the browser I always use, and it's never given me any problems.

If that doesn't help, as a test, please move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, then try downloading and installing a store item, again with Firefox.  If this works, you can add the content from your old Sims 3 folder later.

If you still get the same error, please move the InstallerData folder in your first screenshot to the desktop, then repair the game in Origin: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.  Then try again to download a store item into a(nother) clean Sims 3 folder.

Message 375 of 402 (1,113 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello again,

I really appreciate your help. I tried the options you gave me and unfortunately it is still popping up with that error. Frown 

Message 376 of 402 (1,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi i’ve been playing sims 3 for a week or two but i’ve never been able to make a sims account, i have an ea account but whenever i try to make a sims account it says my serial code is wrong. i’ve used the serial code in game properties and i’ve contacted ea help. ea help gave me multiple codes to use and none would work, he recommended me using this to find an answer, could anyone help?

Message 377 of 402 (933 Views)

@mikaylakd  Have you tried just signing into the sims site with your EA/Origin username and password?  The old site and Origin share information, so your existing codes would all read as used, but you should also get credit for having bought or registered the game in Origin.

Message 378 of 402 (928 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a really weird issue with Sina 3 metal and bit. I could install all my expansions properly, even custom made worlds but I’m unable to install anything from the store. I mean it installs and appears as installed in the console but when I click play it’s never there. Then when I’m in the launcher with all the available saves, it does not recognise my password m which is weird because I click I forgot my password (a new page with the Sims 3 stores open and asks for my password which is fine), then I download something from the sims 3 store again and I get a pop-up “x has been correctly installed”, then I go to the launcher and it’s not there anymore Frown 

Message 379 of 402 (630 Views)

@leyredi  Does your password have a special character in it?  That's always been a problem with Sims 3.  Try changing it to something with only letters and numbers, then clear the saved login data.  Open Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access, search for sims, and delete anything with sims3 in the name.

For the store content, please try downloading one item into a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, download one item and install it, and see whether it shows up in-game.  Please use Firefox, which works better with the store than Safari or Chrome.

If this works, you can install the rest of your store content, a few items at a time, make sure everything shows up, then copy your saves and other content from the old Sims 3 folder to the new one.

Message 380 of 402 (616 Views)