by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 64-bit packs won't download

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

I have downloaded sims 3 64 bit base game,

However when i try to download expansion packs, I click download, and nothing happens, can you help?

edited title for specificity.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 1 of 22 (4,810 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SIMS 3 64 BIT

[ Edited ]

@daisywarburton1  The same issue has been reported for Sims 4, so maybe the same solution will help: disable the Origin technical preview.  Hover over your username, select Application Settings, and under Application (the first header), scroll down to Client update and disable the option to participate in technical previews.  Then quit Origin and reopen it, and try to download your packs.

@selenanuggs  I've merged your post into another thread for the same issue.  Please try the above, and let me know whether it helps.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 22 (4,783 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cannot Download Sims 3 Expansion Packs

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this same issue. My generations pack won't download. I try to press the orange download button and it won't do anything. I've tried reinstalling my origin a couple of times, clearing the cache, I tried the above workaround and every workaround I can find. It just won't work. I even tried the workaround where you create a new computer account as an administrator. I updated my Mac to the new update and it still won't work. 

Message 2 of 22 (4,745 Views)

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★★★★ Novice

hello! first time posting, not sure if anyone will see this. after doing a complete clean instal of my game, i was finally able to install sims3packs in my game. however, with this recent origin update, i click the install button and nothing happens. is there any reason as to why this is? is there another update going out to fix this? i don't know how to get it working again because it was working before. any help would be appreciate. my mac os is catalina 10.15.7. 

Message 3 of 22 (4,784 Views)

[ Edited ]

@daisywarburton1  The same issue has been reported for Sims 4, so maybe the same solution will help: disable the Origin technical preview.  Hover over your username, select Application Settings, and under Application (the first header), scroll down to Client update and disable the option to participate in technical previews.  Then quit Origin and reopen it, and try to download your packs.

@selenanuggs  I've merged your post into another thread for the same issue.  Please try the above, and let me know whether it helps.

Message 4 of 22 (4,784 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict i'm still trying to work the forum, so sorry it wasn't in the right thread! i thought i had posted this question in the sims3packs thread that already existed, but i'm not sure! when i went to origin technical preview, it was already disabled for me. so i toggled it on and off. restarted origin and the launcher. deleted cache etc. nothing happened when i clicked install.
Message 5 of 22 (4,779 Views)

@selenanuggs  Please leave the technical preview disabled.  Open Origin's Application Settings > Application page, and under Client update, enable auto game updates.  Then quit Origin and open it again, and see whether the packs start downloading automatically.

If this doesn't help, or the setting is already enabled, please run the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Launch Origin, and when asked, uncheck the box for automatic Origin and game updates.  Then enable auto game updates again, quit and reload, and see whether the packs start downloading.

Message 6 of 22 (4,774 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict it worked! thank you so much! new problem now, all my packs are greyed out, which wasn't happening before. i already repaired the game through origin, since i knew that was one way to fix. my game is up to date as well. the game opens with my expansion packs installed with no issue. no crashing as of right now either. i suppose the greyed out packs is not a huge issue?
Message 7 of 22 (4,771 Views)

@selenanuggs  The grayed out packs is not in fact an issue.  I've had that for weeks and haven't found any evidence that it makes a difference.  The issue will hopefully be fixed eventually, in an Origin update, but you can just ignore it for now.

Message 8 of 22 (4,768 Views)

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★ Apprentice

I first downloaded sims 3 64 bit and had the "finalizing" instead of play button so I looked up on here and there was a thread of what to do -- uninstall the 64 bit, delete the old sims 3 folder and all com.transgaming files on my computer so i did that, which includes the ones relating to packs. then restart the computer and reset and re-install origin. So i did all that, and this time when i downloaded the sims 3 64-bit base game it successfully downloaded and says "play" instead of "finalizing" (yay!).

But now, when i try to hit "download" on my expansion packs I click and nothing happens. I've tried quitting origin and restarting, resetting origin, nothing is working, so I came to this thread but the main suggestion seems to be to quit and reopen. Anyone else experienced this (the clicking but nothing happening) and solved it in any other way? thanks!!

Message 9 of 22 (4,742 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 3 64-bit packs won't download

[ Edited ]

@lcsoloman1  I've merged your post with another thread on this same issue.  Please try the suggestions earlier in the thread and let me know whether they help.

Edit:  @Annagrace123456  I've merged your post as well.  Please try the other suggestions in this thread.

Message 10 of 22 (4,737 Views)