Sims 3 64-bit not working properly

by SweatherLarry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 64-bit not working properly

★ Novice

So I installed the Sims 3 64-bit on my Macbook today and after 3 hours of trying to get it to run it was able to start. 

Now I created a simple family with 2 young adults and a child and got to move into a house. Every time I start the safe file from the first time I started playing it crashed. 

First the screen started flashing it looked like it had something to do with the graphics) and after trying to restart it and changing the graphic settings back to how they normally are I had the problem that everything got black. 

I have mods installed at the moment, but I also tried without and that is not working eigther. I have recently updated to Mac OS Big Sur but it is also not working on Catalina. I understand that an older game can be slow but at the moment it isn't running at all while I always use to play it on my MacBook Air 2015 and working fine (the 32 bit version tho)

What can I do to get it to run properly? I have tried looking up other topic but couldn't really find a similar problem

Message 1 of 3 (228 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 64-bit not working properly

@SweatherLarry  Please go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and delete the file labeled options.ini.  Then try to launch the game, and let me know whether it works.

If that doesn't help, move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, then try again.  Your save and other content won't show up in-game, but it'll all be intact in the folder you moved, and you can add it back later.  For now though, let me know whether you can start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (208 Views)

All Replies

@SweatherLarry  Please go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and delete the file labeled options.ini.  Then try to launch the game, and let me know whether it works.

If that doesn't help, move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, then try again.  Your save and other content won't show up in-game, but it'll all be intact in the folder you moved, and you can add it back later.  For now though, let me know whether you can start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (209 Views)

★ Novice

the first option didn’t solve the problem. After that zi tried moving my sims 3 file to my desktop and it has solved the problem. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (192 Views)