Re: Sims 3 (64 bit and metal) gendered bathroom doors not working

by usulage

Original Post

Sims 3 (64 bit and metal) gendered bathroom doors not working

★★★★ Novice

Has anyone else had an issue with lots that have gendered doors on the bathrooms (like the bathrooms at Seasons festival lots, or at some of the bars)? Whenever any Sim (both my own and townies) tries to use one of these bathrooms, they just do the pathing obstacle animation and give up. I have been working around this by replacing the doors in Edit Town mode, but it's still annoying. (And yes, I'm sure I'm not just clicking toilets in the wrong bathrooms - I've had my sims try both, for good measure.)

I first noticed this issue when I threw a bachelorette party at Varg's Tavern, and all of the guests ended up peeing themselves. 

Message 1 of 11 (2,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@IndigoMoonlight I'm having this same issue! I don't have a fix, I've just been editing the buildings in edit town and replacing them with non-gendered doors. It's so annoying!
Message 2 of 11 (2,012 Views)

@IndigoMoonlight  When you replace the bathroom doors, do you need to replace them with non-gendered doors, or do new gendered ones work?  I ask because I haven't noticed this problem myself, but I can only think of a few occasions where my sims would have used such a bathroom.  It's of course also possible for doors to get stuck, although it would be strange if they were all stuck at the same time.

Does this happen in, say, the main park in Sunset Valley, or in the library across the street?  It would be interesting to know whether this happens in a new save as well, at least for comparison.  And please let me know whether you use any mods.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 11 (1,999 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Puzzlezaddict,

I have not tried replacing the doors with new gendered doors - only non-gendered doors. I have had it occur on three separate saves, two in Sunset Valley, one in Riverview. I have observed this bug at the main park at Sunset Valley, Varg's Tavern (placed in Sunset Valley), and the Cannery festival lot in Riverview. I have had this issue with both male and female sims, and both male and female NPCs seem to be struggling too. I do not use any mods.

Message 4 of 11 (1,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have this problem too.  I've tried deleting the gendered doors and replacing with new gendered doors, you can't use them, it says they can't be placed through a wall.  You just can't place them anywhere.

Message 5 of 11 (1,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem - the gendered bathroom doors do not work. The Sim won’t go through them.

When I entered build mode to fix it, I noticed that the gendered bathroom doors can’t even be placed properly. When I move them and try to place them back, the game says “Can’t be placed through a wall”. But a normal, non-gendered door from the build-mode could be placed in that exact location. Does the game not “know” that this object is supposed to be a door?

Message 6 of 11 (1,774 Views)

[ Edited ]

@MsKarlaMarie @IndigoMoonlight  Funny story, when I first tested this, I didn't have the problem at all.  The first three sets of doors I tried in Twinbrook were fine, as were the bathroom doors in the central park in Sunset Valley, so I couldn't figure out what the problem was.  Turns out, some of the doors in Twinbrook are not fine, just not the ones I tested, and the SV park doors are not gendered unless Seasons is installed, which it wasn't for my test.

Anyway, I eventually went back and reproduced this, both that some gendered doors are unusable and that they can't be placed or replaced in build mode.  I reported it as well, so it's at least on the radar of the EA people who might be able to look into it.  No idea if it'll get fixed though.

Tagging @usulage and @spsarrocco for visibility.

Message 7 of 11 (1,767 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too :/ 

Problems I noticed :

Guitar don't make any sound when playing for tips

Painting terrain - not too explained because I know that some of you know about that too.

Gender doors

Can't fish at beaches

When painting and pressing shift to paint the entire wall sometimes doesn't work and sometimes the paint don't paint the wall so I choose the same paint again and finally works I can see the paint over the wall. 

I've had trouble painting foundations 

When I choose to edit the style of a fence when I played at windows the fence kinda got bright so I knew that when I would drag the Cast with my color bar it would go to the point of my choice (to the fence) and it would change the fence, now I don't know where it's going to edit since there's no brightness, and I'm not sure of my precision. 

I guess it's just that for now, to be honest I barely played my save Frown Sorry if I wasn't clear, english isn't my first language.

Message 8 of 11 (1,721 Views)

@CherryCherrys  A couple of the issues you listed have existing threads.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-Terrain-paints-not-applying/m-p/...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-All-open-water-options-missing/m...

I haven't heard about the guitar not making a sound; does it happen only when playing for tips or also when a sim practices or plays a known song?

I've had the same problem with the shift key when trying to paint the entire wall, or place floor tiling, but usually when I just stop and try again, it works fine.

Fencing has always been a little glitchy to work with.  There are ways around it, for example using the eyedropper tool or saving the style and applying it to the sections you want.

Message 9 of 11 (1,699 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The wall painting after trying again works fine :D and the guitar is muted only for tips, I haven't tested other instruments, Idk if it's a problem but a sim autonomously turned on the radio and it was muted then I switched to the next music and it worked and I could hear the music, I'll test more to see what happens.

Message 10 of 11 (1,675 Views)