Sims 3 64 bit Mac keeps crashing

by FIAMAE14

Original Post

Sims 3 64 bit Mac keeps crashing

★★ Novice

Hi everyone. I have seen a few threads but none that includes crashing before any play. I have Sims 3 64 bit and it was working fine. Downloaded Sims 3 Pets and now, as soon as I either move in a household or select a household to play, it just crashes. I can't play at all.

I am completely non-tech, so if you've experienced this/have a solution for me could you please explain in small words! Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 4 (227 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64 bit Mac keeps crashing

[ Edited ]

@FIAMAE14  The issue is probably the Pets pack.  A number of people playing on Intel integrated graphics chips have trouble running the pack at all; some can play with it but can't create and move in a household that includes a pet.

You can experiment a bit if you want: create a household with just human sims and see whether it works, play in a different world, turn down your graphics settings to the minimum.  But it might be that the only solution is to uninstall Pets entirely.  You can do so by deleting the EP05 folder inside the Sims 3 Packs folder, which will be either in Applications or in User > [your username] > Applications.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (207 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for this. That's great. I will do that. Will I just never be able to use Pets then? Or are EA on to this?

Message 3 of 4 (196 Views)

@FIAMAE14  The issue has been reported, it's been described as specifically affecting a wide variety of integrated Intel chips, and it's been noted that the problem is fairly common.  Whether EA is going to fix it, I have no idea.  It's possible that the issue would take a rebuilding of the game to some degree, at least how pets are rendered, and that probably wouldn't happen.  But if there's a simpler fix, hopefully it'll be patched.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (184 Views)