Sims 3 64 bit Mac display not working

by hbmckenzie123

Original Post

Sims 3 64 bit Mac display not working

★★ Novice

When I go to play sims 3 on my mac it loads correctly and runs fine until you get into the actual game. During the game the background turns green and glitchy but the blue bars stay and are fine. 

Message 1 of 6 (373 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64 bit Mac display not working

@hbmckenzie123  Please attach your deviceconfig.log, in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3, to a post.  (You'll need to manually open the folders; the file won't show up in a search.)  You can delete your user and computer names, about 25 lines down, but there's nothing else in that file that can identify you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (365 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay so i figured out how to fix the glitching but now the textures are messed up (eyelashes are black boxes and hairs are glitchy), do you still need what you asked for to be able to fix it?

Message 3 of 6 (343 Views)

@hbmckenzie123  The blocky eyelashes is a universal issue, and the hair affects a number of people, although not everyone.  Since you have the hair issue as well, it would be helpful if you posted in this thread and attached your deviceconfig:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-bulky-eyelashes-grainy-hair/m-p/...

I'd love to know what you did to fix your game though.  If you could describe it and post your deviceconfig here as well, it would be helpful information for anyone with the same hardware.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (333 Views)

★ Novice
@hbmckenzie123 Hi, how did you resolve the glitching problem?
Message 5 of 6 (263 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the video minutes turned up a lot so I turned it down to 30 seconds, and went back to all default settings for the water and reflecting.

Message 6 of 6 (248 Views)