Re: Sims 3 64-bit M1 crashes

by NykoIaz

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I did that and the my laptop froze again.
I waited and tried the force quit, but it didn't work.
I was able to log out of the current user using keyboard shortcut, after the laptop has been not responsive for a minute. And when I logged in, the game music is still on, but I can't see the game running in the dock
Message 11 of 18 (707 Views)

[ Edited ]

@krystinaconnect  Are you trying to install store content by downloading through the store site and installing through the launcher, or through the in-game interface at the Main Menu?  The first is a lot simpler and somewhat more reliable.  But in either case, you can install the store stuff while Origin is online, then quit and set it to offline mode before actually trying to play.

If that doesn't help, please list some items that say you need a software update.  I'd like to check them out on my own Mac.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 18 (694 Views)

@NykoIaz  Restarting your computer should fix that.  And you can change back the setting in options.ini, but please first double-check that the file still ends in .ini rather than .txt or something else.  If its file extension changed, that would explain the issue as well.

Message 13 of 18 (692 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict The first two that come to mind is the playpen, the electric scooter a-go-go, and the elder nights set.
Message 14 of 18 (688 Views)

@krystinaconnect  I own the playpen and can try it later.  I'm not sure what the scooter is—maybe the one from the futuristic transport set?—or the elder nights one.  If you link them or at least give me a name I can look up, I'll have a look later today.

I haven't actually reinstalled the playpen in this version of Sims 3, so I have no idea whether it's working properly.  But it's easy enough to test.

Message 15 of 18 (680 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I didn't change the format. But after I saved it and opened the file again, 60 went back to 0. I tried several times. And I can't change it in the game either because the game didn't give me an option.
Message 16 of 18 (679 Views)

@NykoIaz  Alright, thanks for letting me know.

If your game freezes again, please move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop and let the game create a new folder.  Let me know whether it launches.  If not, please check whether iCloud is set to automatically sync the contents of Documents, and if so, undo the setting.  This guide was written for another issue, but the relevant setting are the same.

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

Message 17 of 18 (675 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I did that and make sure it isn't in iCloud. The game did launch and I was able to play for about ten minute, and it didn't freeze my laptop. I will report back if it crash or freeze in extended gameplay.
Message 18 of 18 (610 Views)