Re: Sims 3 64 Not able to click anything

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I have tried in both fullscreen and windowed mode with no difference. I use a third party mouse (Razer Naga Chroma) but I do not have any other mice to try with.
Message 11 of 31 (699 Views)

@kiraanette  A Mac should come with either a trackpad (laptop) or a Magic Mouse.  Do you no longer have a mouse?  It's possible that the Razer mouse or its driver isn't working well with the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 31 (700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just don't have it anymore, I think I damaged it a long time ago. I definitely would have played the game before the 64 bit update with the naga just fine, as well as all of my other EA games, so it would surprise me if that was the reason. 

Message 13 of 31 (698 Views)

@kiraanette  Maybe the Razer software updated, maybe you updated your OS, or maybe the issue is an Origin update.  You could try disabling the Origin in-game overlay, just in case it helps.  Hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If you have any other overlays running, e.g. Steam or Discord, please disable those too.

Message 14 of 31 (689 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I tried with a mouse and my trackpad and I still cannot get passed the in-game launcher where it shows my household. I am unable to click anything it is stuck on the pop-up where it shows what mod scripts where found (I removed all mods and it still wouldn't let me click anything)

Message 15 of 31 (610 Views)

@desia2003  Did you ever try switching between fullscreen and windowed mode, specifically by editing options.ini?  You can right-click on the file and select Open With > TextEdit, and you should be able to edit it to set fullsecreen to 0 or 1.  Please try both and let me know whether either one helps.

Please also post the full specs of your Mac, everything under About This Mac except for the serial number.

Message 16 of 31 (599 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, I tried it in fullscreen since I was in windowed after changing the options and it still didn't work Frown My Mac specs are

macOS Big Sur

version 11.2.3

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Processor 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB

I never had a problem with this until upgrading to 64bit sadly

Message 17 of 31 (589 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict sorry forgot to @ you!

Message 18 of 31 (570 Views)

@desia2003  Do you use any accessibility settings on your Mac?  Do you have any other apps (e.g. Discord) running in the background while you play?  Please try playing with nothing else running, aside from Origin of course.

If you use accessibility settings and don't want to change them, you can try playing in a new admin user account on your Mac.  Don't import settings (of any kind) from your existing account or change the default settings in any way; don't sign in with your Apple ID either.  You'll be able to login to Origin using your existing account, but your Sims 3 saves and other data won't be available.

Even if you're not sure your Mac has any relevant settings that might be interfering, the new user account would be the next step, so please try it regardless.  But if you do know of a setting that could be a problem, please let me know.

Message 19 of 31 (565 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Hi! So I'm not sure what accessibility settings I should list but I do think I have some, I tried a new account and it worked on there and let me click
Message 20 of 31 (555 Views)