Sims 3 64 Bit & Metal "Unlocked"

by StarrySkySimmer

Original Post

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

@bearfarren  Could you try using a different device to connect?  If not, or if that doesn't help, try the categories Mac > Sims 3 [base game, not a pack] > Missing content > Never received [or Had content and lost it].  It's possible that there's something about the categories, or even just choosing a Sims 3 pack as your game, that locks up the support request.

If you still don't get anywhere, I'll try to find someone from EA who might be able to give other suggestions.  The first thing they'd ask though is likely whether you've tried on a different device.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 271 of 694 (884 Views)

Sims 3 64 Bit & Metal "Unlocked"

★★★★★ Novice

I'm struggling to get my Sims 3 packs to download for the 64 Bit version.

I already reached out to the help group and they said that they had made the necessary changes to the Entitlements, but I'm still unable to download my games.

I registered my packs' codes with Origin (they're from disc games), and they appear available for download under the old Sims 3, but when I look at them under the 64 Bit version, I only see "Unlocked", above "Details" and "Buy as Gift" (I'll include a screenshot). The lovely people at the help group helped me to uninstall and reinstall Origin, as well as "Repair" the game, and open a new admin account to open it under, but nothing worked. I've been on live chat with them for three hours now, and I wonder if someone with more direct relation to the Sims community might know the answer to my trouble!

I have previously successfully downloaded and installed Sims 3 packs, and there is currently a High End Loft pack that I purchased through Origin, which is available for download. So the issue definitely seems to be that these new packs (Seasons, Into the Future, Generations, and Pets) were purchased elsewhere.

Message 272 of 694 (785 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64 Bit & Metal "Unlocked"

@StarrySkySimmer  On the off chance it helps, try running the Origin reset tool.  This will clear Origin's cache, among other things, forcing it to refresh its data.  A simple uninstall doesn't remove these files.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't help, you'll need to go back to EA customer support and request the entitlements again.  I don't know why the process didn't work the first time, but you can keep the support rep on the line until you see a Download button for each affected pack.

It may also help to link these two posts, from an EA employee:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/9661511#M1150...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/9661532#M1316...

If you still don't get anywhere, please let me know, and I'll forward this thread to someone who does work for EA; hopefully you'll get a better answer.

Message 273 of 694 (779 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict

Thank you for your help, I ran the Origin reset while on the message with Help, and the two EA employee posts didn't cover exactly the issue I'm having (although I've had one of those before as well! yay!) and I've already been on chat with Help for three hours today, so I'm gonna let it go a little longer...

Message 274 of 694 (770 Views)

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★★★ Novice

You're an absolute dream Puzzlezaddict! accessed via my phone and the live chat popped-up and meant it's all finally got fixed. PHEW! big thumbs up cheers!

Message 275 of 694 (875 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too. i bought 3 packs and they all say unlocked but not having any luck getting through to EA customer support

Message 276 of 694 (754 Views)

@SableR702  What exactly is happening with customer support?  Have you specifically asked for the "entitlements," as they're called, for the 64-bit versions to be added to your account?  It's not that you need a new product key or anything like that.

Message 277 of 694 (729 Views)

★★ Novice

yeah they've just told me to reinstall origin and clear cache so i'm trying that which i'm pretty sure will not fix it, so i'll message back once i've done that and repeat that i need the entitlements. this is what they sent me.

Message 278 of 694 (713 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I emailed EA Support, and this is the advice I received.

"Please always make sure that the you are running the latest version of The Sims 3. Use Origin to check that your game is up-to-date.

Make sure these programs are up-to-date:
Origin
Java
Flash Player
Adobe Air
.Net Framework
Windows
Clear the Internet Explorer Browser Caches.
Reset Internet Explorer.

Make sure you have no older versions of Java installed on your computer.
Reinstall Java completely.

If issue persists, I request you to provide us with the screenshot of the pertaining issue:"

Because this is a whole ton of work, and I have classes to attend, I haven't been able to do it all yet, but if you wanna give it a shot and see if it works, go wild. I think he missed that I'm on Mac too....

It's really shameful that EA can't make a game and platform that function.

Message 279 of 694 (692 Views)

@StarrySkySimmer  That email is really shameful as well.  This is a known issue, it has been since the 64-bit version was released, and there should be a simple, easy way for you to get your content.

I'm sorry, all I can suggest is that you contact EA customer support again, via live chat, and link the threads I listed.  If the initial support rep doesn't help, ask for a supervisor.

Message 280 of 694 (682 Views)