Re: Sims 3 64 Bit & Metal "Unlocked"

by SableR702

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Novice

none of these worked for me, i'm currently waiting for a live chat with estimated 138 minutes until i speak to someone. i'll let you know what happens

Message 281 of 694 (660 Views)

sims 3 expansion packs won’t install

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, I’ve downloaded the 64-bit version of the sims 3 but none of my expansion packs have downloaded to it and I’m struggling to find out how to get them on, can anyone help?

Message 282 of 694 (465 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your support, I was really disappointed!

And now that my school week is over and I tried to access help again.... They deleted the email option! It's not on the help page anymore!

Also, I tried to boot up my game and now all my store content refuses to download!

Do you know if the Super-Patcher is even useful with the 64 Bit version of Sims 3? Cause I think it must be what broke my store content....

Message 283 of 694 (629 Views)

@StarrySkySimmer  The Super Patch should not be run on the 64-bit version of Sims 3.  If you did run it, please uninstall and reinstall the game.

The live chat option is better for contacting EA customer support than email anyway.  You get to explain the issue to a real person, and if (when) that person tries to tell you to clear Origin's cache or whatever, you can say no, that's not the problem, here are 10,000 posts reporting what the issue is.  (That might be a slight exaggeration, but some days it doesn't feel like it.)

If you're not seeing the live chat option, try choosing a slightly different category of problem, and be sure to choose the Sims 3 base game rather than a pack.  You can also try changing the region in the browser window (upper right corner) to U.S. or U.K. if it's not showing already.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 284 of 694 (448 Views)

Re: sims 3 expansion packs won’t install

@coolkeely  Open your Origin game library, click on the Sims 3 icon, select More > Expansion Packs, scroll through the list looking for your owned packs, and click Download on each one.  Repeat for More > Stuff Packs.

If your owned packs are listed as "unlocked" but there's no Download button, please make sure you don't have a second entry for the same pack that lets you download it.  If you don't, you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask that the "entitlements," as they're called, for the 64-bit versions of those packs be added to your account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 285 of 694 (435 Views)

Re: sims 3 expansion packs won’t install

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, will contact EA support now

Message 286 of 694 (427 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you again for your support!

Today, I was finally able to get through to someone who was able to fix the problem. Up until today, though, you offered the most help out of anyone!

Message 287 of 694 (424 Views)

Re: [SOLVED] 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

★★ Novice

I'm still having this issue with multiple stuff packs and expansions. 
I have most of the games on disc and only today have I just learned I can redeem them into my origin account by using the code you are provided with when you buy the discs.
I have the base game in origin but most of my stuff and expansion packs were on disc.
I redeemed my packs and now I cannot install them, they just say "Unlocked"
I cannot contact EA support at all, as when I call the automated voice says "our customer officers are unable to help you today" and then the phone hangs up.
I've read somewhere that EA needs to fix this issue??
I'm not sure what to do now as I have tried everything that has been recommended by others who have had this issue. 

Is there some other way I can contact EA?
Or will my packs I've only redeemed today will eventually come up to date with the 64 bit version?

I should have mentioned this first but I have one of the new 2020 Mac Pro and I have installed the 64-bit version of Sims 3. 
Also, the packs that I had already purchased through Origin work perfectly fine, it's only the ones that I've bought on disc and redeemed today. 

Someone please help, I enjoy sims 3 way too much and have no other way of playing it. 

I have attached a screenshot of one of the packs I redeemed today

Message 288 of 694 (746 Views)

@Raven_Minx22  What you need to do is go through the EA help site to reach customer support:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Choose the Sims 3 base game (not a pack) as the subject, request a live chat session or a call, and ask that the "entitlements," as they're called, for the 64-bit versions of your missing packs be added to your account.  If the first support rep doesn't understand or tries to tell you to clear Origin's cache or something, you can link this thread for them to show it's a known account issue that needs to be fixed by support.

Message 289 of 694 (740 Views)

★★ Novice

I've done this already and nothing has changed. 
He walked me through some steps to fix it and nothing has been resolved. 
I updated my Mac and restarted my computer when I first opened Origin it said "new downloadable content" I clicked on it and all the expansions and stuff packs are still displaying as "unlocked". Unless it is going to take a while to change over. I don't know how I can get it to work.

Message 290 of 694 (1,080 Views)