Re: sims 3 64 bit & metal keeps crashing?

by mangogirl10

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

It should be in your origin library but if it’s not contact EA support!

Message 11 of 23 (878 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem with Sims 3 on my Mac crashing after 10 minutes and getting an error code. EA said they are aware of the problem, other Sims 3 users with newer Macs with the (BigSpur update) trying to play Sims 3 are having the same problem but EA doesn't have a resolution yet.

Message 12 of 23 (785 Views)

@queendyamond  What error code are you getting?  A screenshot would be helpful.  And please list the packs you have installed.

Please also attach your deviceconfig.log to a post; it's in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  (You'll need to manually open the folders; the file won't show up in a search.)  You can delete your user and computer names, about 25 lines down, but there's nothing else in that file that can identify you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 23 (765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I don't understand what you mean about the files so I took a screenshot of the files as well and here is the error code I get 10 minutes after playing sims 3, please help! The expansion packs I have installed are Into the future, island paradise, Late night, Pets, Seasons, Supernatural, and World Adventures... I have no mods or DLC.

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 12.00.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-12 at 11.58.10 PM.png

Message 14 of 23 (759 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@queendyamond so basically when my game kept crashing (after updating to big sur) i had to reinstall completely and play with a fresh save ://// hopefully you’re not too attached to your current sim fam !
Message 15 of 23 (752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

it looks like we were having the exact same error code and issue. So after you uninstalled you game and expansion packs , redownloaded them you haven't had any issues with the game crashing after 10 minutes?

Update: I uninstalled the game and the expansion packs its still crashing and giving an error code but it was weird after I reinstalled the game my family was still there.

Message 16 of 23 (751 Views)

@queendyamond  First of all, please disable iCloud Drive's automatic syncing of Documents.  That's only going to complicate things, and you might find one day that your saves have been removed from your hard drive (moved to cloud storage only) and the game can't find them anymore.  This guide is for when that kind of thing happens, but the settings you'd need to change now are the same:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

When you uninstalled Sims 3, either the user folder in Documents (the one in your screenshot) wasn't removed, or else it was removed but iCloud redownloaded it for you.  Either way, once you've disabled auto syncing, if that folder is still in the version of Documents on your hard drive, please move it to your desktop, so you can start fresh.

Please start a new save in Sunset Valley, just to see how it runs.  If you get another crash, please open Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and grab the file called deviceconfig.log.  Attach it to a reply in this thread.

Message 17 of 23 (707 Views)

★★★ Novice

I turned off the auto syncing like you said but I didn't know the name of the document you were saying to move to the Desktop so here is another screenshot and it was working very well for about an hour and a half the thing you had me do with turning off the auto syncing worked great I haven't been able to play Sims 3 for that long in a long time, then I had my sim go into the future and it crashed again.

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 4.00.00 AM.png

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 18 of 23 (672 Views)

@queendyamond  Did the game crash during the travel transition, or after your sim arrived in the future?  The travel transition itself is fragile and breaks easily, so it wouldn't be a surprise if the game crashed, especially if you'd played for a long time without saving and quitting.  There are ways to try to fix the issue both with and without mods; let me know what you prefer.

If the game crashed after your sim arrived, please let me know what was happening on-screen at the time.

Message 19 of 23 (669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The game didn't crash until my sim was already in the future and I was completing tasks, I just tried to play again but this time I didn't travel to the future, I stayed in town and it crashed again after about 10 minutes of gameplay. When it crashed the first time I was in the future, the screen froze then the multi-colored pinwheel came up...I could still hear the sound working in the background like if I clicked on something to have my sim do an action but I couldn't see it. I prefer to fix the game without mods since I didn't have any mods to begin with, I heard they can mess your game up

Message 20 of 23 (657 Views)