Sims 3 64 Bit Launch Error: 'the sims 3 quit unexpectedly'

by ad1991

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 64 Bit Launch Error

★★★ Apprentice
@MaxisJoe I am done with trying to figure this out, I've spent many hours and many days trying to fix this and now my game is unplayable from the crashes. I have every single bug mentioned, from sim packs not installing, water features not working, eyelashes and hair looking bad, now it is fully quitting the second I load one of my saves. I am going to wait this out. I have spent countless hours on these forums, and no good solutions have appeared. I appreciate all your guys' hard work. Please let us know when you have fixed the game, I can't take working on this frustrating game anymore.
Message 31 of 41 (1,086 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@dragonlover32 I agree!!!! the game isn't playable at all!
Message 32 of 41 (1,069 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Has anyone been able to play with a pet ? 
My game is working (not SUPER smooth but working) without a pet in the household. That makes me super sad cause pets is one of the best packs in TS3. I’m sure they’ll fix it soon but are there any updates on this available ? I don’t mind the bulky eyelashes and little quirks like this (I’m never close enough to my sim’s fave anyways). What matters the most is gameplay. 

@MaxisJoe Do you know if anything is being worked on regarding the pets issue ? thank you for taking the time to answer everyone’s questions. 

Message 33 of 41 (1,054 Views)

@XprincessdidiY  I've played fine with multiple pets.  However, my Mac has a dedicated graphics card.  So far, everyone I've seen who has reported not being able to play with pets and who has provided specs has an integrated graphics card.

I'm not saying that you can't or shouldn't be able to play with pets, just that there's an obvious pattern here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 34 of 41 (1,045 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I see. That could be linked/explain the issue then. I'm sure the EA sims team will notice this sooner or later and provide a fix for it.

Thank you!  

Message 35 of 41 (945 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I agree as well. The crashes and other bugs make the game unplayable. Please let us know if/when there will be a fix for this!

Message 36 of 41 (914 Views)

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue she is. I am on Mac OS High Sierra. I was able to play the game earlier this week. I wanted to download my expansion packs and I have had issues ever since. 

Message 37 of 41 (872 Views)

@sophtoph4  I don't know when or even if these issues will be fixed, sorry.  It does seem to help many people to play in windowed mode, and perhaps with the settings on low.  I know that's not a great solution though.

@SarahGirlCutie  Which packs did you install, and what specific issue are you having?  Please attach your deviceconfig.log, in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  You'll neeed to manually open the folders; the file won't show up in a search.  You can delete your user and computer names, about 25 lines down, but there's nothing else in that file that can identify you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 38 of 41 (849 Views)

★★ Pro
@dragonlover32 I'm also waiting for the fix. Currently playing on windows bootcamp.
Message 39 of 41 (786 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think my game keeps crashing also because of pets but even for the households that don't have it the game still crashes or freezes. I have tried uninstalling and repairing in Origin, updating my computer and Origin, resetting Origin by downloading the Reset Origin tool, and I have even entered safe mode to give it a try but that was even worse - the game wouldn't launch at all. If anyone has any other ideas or tips that would be great!

Message 40 of 41 (649 Views)