Re: Sims 3 64 Bit Can’t enter lots that are built, or any high rise apartments/v

by Vibama

Original Post

Sims 3 64 Bit Can’t enter lots that are built, or any high rise apartments/venue

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi I’m having an issue that I tried to populate the town with Dance clubs that came with Late Night and my sims keep stomping their feet and won’t go in, it’s only working for homes that I place down on lots, but not venues or apartments please help :/ 

Message 1 of 14 (2,370 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64 Bit Can’t enter lots that are built, or any high rise apartments/v

@Vibama  Could you please try placing a couple of the buildings in a new save in Sunset Valley?  If your sims can't enter them, please list the buildings, and I'll try in my game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 14 (2,341 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Hello thank you for replying Standard smile and it’s lIterally ALL the ones from Late Night, and I’m also not even able to make my own venues that my Sims can fo into... the only ones that I can place and work are the rabbit holes, everything else my sims stomp their feet and won’t go in 😭 is that happening to you??
Message 3 of 14 (2,323 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Also I did this in a clean Sunset Valley save :/ not sure what’s going on
Message 4 of 14 (2,321 Views)

@Vibama  I placed Banzai Lounge, The Grind, and Waylon's Haunt in a new Sunset Valley, along with the movie studio, and my sims had no trouble visiting any of them, other than having to bribe the bouncer at Banzai.  So I'm not sure why yours couldn't visit.  Have you double-checked that the venues are open?  They all have different hours of operation, which you should be able to see if you hover over a grayed-out "Visit..." option.

Message 5 of 14 (2,313 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Yeah of course, the option isn’t grayed out... they literally stomp their feet as if the building door is locked, Idk if the door is the issue, I already removed and put it back in, driving me crazy
Message 6 of 14 (2,294 Views)

@Vibama  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, I can take a look at your save if you want.  Upload the folder in ...The Sims 3 > Saves to a free filesharing site, and either link it here or send me a PM with the link.

Message 7 of 14 (2,288 Views)

★★ Pro
@Vibama No problem to get enter and use elevators in my game. Standard smile
Message 8 of 14 (2,276 Views)

★★★ Novice

having this problem as well, with a bunch of other issues 😪 might have to use the non-64 bit version because this is just too buggy.

have deleted the doors, reseted the shell doors, but neither works. my Sims will be able to enter once I delete the shell doors, but the NPCs still can’t. 

buildings are all two+ story buildings in the Showtime expansion world, as well as 2 buildings I imported from the Late Night expansion world. 

Message 9 of 14 (2,225 Views)

@liltinglullaby  What buildings are they?  I'd be happy to try them in my own game.  And do the Late Night buildings work in their default locations in Bridgeport?  It's possible there's something wrong with how lots get placed but not necessarily with the lots themselves or their doors.

Message 10 of 14 (2,219 Views)