Re: Sims 3/4 Mac not working

by dvi05

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3/4 Mac not working

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I've had the sims 3 since last year and sims 4 for about 4/5 years now (I THINK)
I play on a MacBook Air High Sierra (via origin) and shortly after the 64 bit update (Sims 3) I have not been able to play the game. 

I've tried loading the 64 bit, the sims 3 itself and the sims 4. NONE of them work. 

I've asked this question before and someone sent me a link to a YT video that told me to delete some sims 3 files but it doesn't work at all.

I've reinstalled origin and the games at least 5 times and I've tried to repair the games multiple times.

The actual problem: (Sims 3)
When I click 'play' in Origin and launch the game, it takes a while to load (longer than it should).

My screen turns black and I wait for the menu to pop up. After I click on the play button it tells me the Sims 3 just stopped working. 

Sims 4:
I click play and my screen turns black, the game just stopped working and another crash report pops up (just like the Sims 3)

I hope someone can help me with this as I've spent a lot of money on the Sims.

I'm really sorry if this is confusing. English isn't my main language but I tried to be as clear as possible! : )

Message 1 of 3 (318 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Hi! 

I just tried to launch the Sims 4 again (I gave up last night) and it worked, really strange.

And I will create a new post for my Sims 3 problem

Thank you for replying!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (251 Views)

All Replies

@dvi05

Can you please create a new post in the Sims 3 Mac forum for the issues you are having with the game. Sims 3 and Sims 4 are very different games with different issues - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/the-sims-3-technical-issues-mac-en

Sims 4 - is there a Lastcrash file in the Sims 4 folder? If so please copy/paste the contents in a post here. Does the game work if you try a new clean Sims 4 folder? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (280 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi! 

I just tried to launch the Sims 4 again (I gave up last night) and it worked, really strange.

And I will create a new post for my Sims 3 problem

Thank you for replying!

Message 3 of 3 (252 Views)