Re: Sim

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sim

★★★ Novice

So my sims 4 game reset it’s self! I can see the folder in my finder, when I go on screenshots all my photos are there however when I go in cache there’s nothing there. But all my saves are there! Can anyone help me get my game back I’ve been playing since the game was realised its so much game play gone! 

Message 1 of 6 (312 Views)

@mollydod101  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (294 Views)

★★★ Novice

It’s a Mac 

Message 3 of 6 (290 Views)

@mollydod101  Sorry for the late response; I've moved your thread to the Sims 4 Mac section.

It sounds like your game might be reading the wrong folder, which can happen if you have iCloud drive set to automatically sync the contents of your Documents folder.  (Sometimes iCloud settings change with an OS update as well.)  Here's a guide to making sure your saves are in the right place:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

If you have the Legacy Edition of the game now, you'll need to make sure your saves are in the Legacy Edition folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, not the regular Sims 4 folder where they were before.

Message 4 of 6 (258 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve tried all of that and it still won’t work Frown

Message 5 of 6 (242 Views)

@mollydod101  Please highlight the folder where your saves are located, right-click (or hold down crtl and click), and select Get Info.  Look for the entry labeled "Where," and paste that info into a post.  Do the same for your Screenshots and Tray folders.

Message 6 of 6 (227 Views)