Re: Sim 3 Base Game ~ UI Not Loading

by BluePaw-156

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim 3 Base Game ~ UI Not Loading

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I have been having some trouble loading my sims 3 game and getting the base game to work. I downloaded a patch from @Bluebellflora for the game and it seemed to fix my launcher issues and the game would get to the main menu screen. But I found that once it go there, much of the text and other parts of the UI was not showing up. I am really not sure why this is happening. I will attach a screenshot below showing an example of the missing UI. Along with this, when I actually try to play the game it goes to a white loading screen with a green bar. The bar gets half way loaded then the game crashes and it brings me back to Origin. I'm assuming these may be connected and there's something wrong with the game code? Thank You! Please let me know as soon as possible! -Blue

Here is some information about the Mac I am using:

-iMac 27 inch

-macOS High Sierra, version 10.13.6

-Late 2009 

-3.33 GHz 

-Intel Core 2 Duo

-16 GB Memory 

-ATI Radeon HD Graphics 

Message 1 of 5 (546 Views)

Accepted Solution

@BluePaw-156  Please go into Documents\Electronic Arts, and remove the Sims 3 folder.  (You can just delete it if you don't have any content you'd like to keep.)  Then run the Super Patch (digital download version), even if this is the patch you already used.  If there aren't any corrupt or missing files, it won't do any harm.

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-manual-super-patch-for-mac-1-67/

Launch the game to the Main Menu, and see how it looks.  Don't change the graphics settings, and don't mess with anything else about the game.  If things look fine, go ahead and start a new save, to see whether it looks normal.  Otherwise, please quit, delete the Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts again, take your computer completely offline (disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable), and reload to the Main Menu.

If this doesn't help either, please list the full specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (497 Views)

All Replies

@BluePaw-156  Please go into Documents\Electronic Arts, and remove the Sims 3 folder.  (You can just delete it if you don't have any content you'd like to keep.)  Then run the Super Patch (digital download version), even if this is the patch you already used.  If there aren't any corrupt or missing files, it won't do any harm.

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-manual-super-patch-for-mac-1-67/

Launch the game to the Main Menu, and see how it looks.  Don't change the graphics settings, and don't mess with anything else about the game.  If things look fine, go ahead and start a new save, to see whether it looks normal.  Otherwise, please quit, delete the Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts again, take your computer completely offline (disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable), and reload to the Main Menu.

If this doesn't help either, please list the full specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Message 2 of 5 (498 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It worked! I was able to play the game and everything! Jut one more question though. If I want to install the Sims 3 Pets expansion are there any different steps I have to take other than installing it through origin? Thank you so, so much!  

Message 3 of 5 (486 Views)

@BluePaw-156  Nope, Pets shouldn't need any workarounds.  It normally installs just fine.  You can always run the Super Patch again though, if you see anything weird.

Message 4 of 5 (478 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, I figured it out! Thank you so much! Everything is working so far and I am able to play and run the game just fine with the expansion pack!

Message 5 of 5 (465 Views)