Shadowy Box Glitch Sims 4

by Ryguy2707

Original Post

Re: Shadowy Box Glitch Sims 4

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I used to have the problem, and simply changing SSAO from true to false fixed it. But a week ago i changed my graphics and it came back. SSAO is still enabled false so what could I do to fix it?
Message 91 of 110 (1,304 Views)

Why is sims

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have the following: Sims 4 Digital Deluxe Discover University Get Famous Seasons City Living Get Together Get to Work Realm of Magic StrangerVille Jungle Adventure Parenthood Vampire Tiny Living Moschino Laundry Day Vintage Glamour Romantic Garden Holiday Celebration Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Login and play ANY household and the bug happens in normal gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug is pulsing black squares under all sims INSIDE houses but not outside. My sims go from outside to inside and the black squares appear under them when they go inside a building. It follows them no matter what the task is.
What do you expect to see? Sim should walk indoors do indoor actions with no problem with any sort of black square under them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

‌EDIT by Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 92 of 110 (1,323 Views)

Re: Why is sims

★★ Guide

Sounds like you're hitting this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Shadowy-Box-Glitch-Sims-4/td-p/8417116

Please try the fix listed there and see if you have any more issues Standard smile

Message 93 of 110 (1,295 Views)

Re: Why is sims

Hero
@careycoleman I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 94 of 110 (1,262 Views)

Please help! Squares under sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

In The Sims 4, my sims have a square under them.

Message 95 of 110 (1,255 Views)

Re: Please help! Squares under sims

★★★★ Novice

I have contacted an advisor but none of their methods have solved the issues.

Message 96 of 110 (1,209 Views)

Re: Please help! Squares under sims

@vcboechat

Merged your posts into this thread. Please see the solution on page 1 with instructions on how to change the SSAO.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 97 of 110 (1,196 Views)

Marked as the solution for visibility

The shadowy boxes should now be fixed in Mac patch 1.63.133.1220 (3 June) for users with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 running macOS 10.15 Catalina. Make sure your game is up to date.

If after updating you are still getting this glitch please provide full Mac specs. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 98 of 110 (4,829 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Ryguy2707 Hiya! I have the same issue, just that the glitch started for me with the June 3rd patch. :/
Message 99 of 110 (993 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I have the same issue, just that the glitch started for me with the June 3rd patch. :/
Message 100 of 110 (992 Views)