by Ryguy2707

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Shadowy Box Glitch Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi!

After the most recent update to the game, my sims (humans and pets) have weird shadowy boxes underneath them which follow them everywhere they go when they are inside a building. The glitch goes away if I turn lighting down to low in the graphics menu, but before the latest patch, I would play with very high lighting with no problem. I deleted all my mods and that didn't change anything. I'm using a 2016 MacBook Pro 13 inch with Touch Bar on MacOS Catalina.

Message 1 of 110 (7,135 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Shadowy Box Glitch Sims 4

Marked as the solution for visibility

The shadowy boxes should now be fixed in Mac patch 1.63.133.1220 (3 June) for users with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 running macOS 10.15 Catalina. Make sure your game is up to date.

If after updating you are still getting this glitch please provide full Mac specs. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 98 of 110 (4,795 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @Ryguy2707,

Thanks for the detailed post! Have you tried to repair your game? Just in case something went wrong during the update. You can ask Origin to repair it if you right click on The Sims 4 game in your Game Library.

If that doesn't hepl, would you mind sharing with us more details about your computer like what graphics card you have or which processor? Here how to find out: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Thank you,
-Mai

Message 2 of 110 (7,019 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi again,

I just tried repairing the game, and it made no difference...Thanks for responding so quickly though!

Message 3 of 110 (7,000 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I have a 2019 Macbook.

Message 4 of 110 (6,981 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks @Ryguy2707!

@allthemore44, does the issue also disappear for you if you change the lighting settings to low? Would you mind sharing your Mac specs with us as well?

Message 5 of 110 (6,970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, putting the lighting on low does fix it. Screenshot of specs is attached.

Message 6 of 110 (6,965 Views)

@allthemore44

If you put your lighting settings back up but enable laptop mode does it also get rid of it?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 110 (6,950 Views)

★ Apprentice

For me at least, putting the game into laptop mode does stop the glitch from happening even with the lighting set to very high.

Message 8 of 110 (6,930 Views)

★ Apprentice

Actually, even with laptop mode on, I notice a shadow glitch on the legs of my sim. The screenshot attached is with laptop mode on and lighting set to very high.

Message 9 of 110 (6,927 Views)

★★ Guide
@Ryguy2707 Please put Lighting Mode back on High (or at least above Low) and disable “Post Processing Effects”. Let us know if that makes the weird hairy-leg shadow go away. Thanks!
Message 10 of 110 (6,892 Views)