Search glitch in build/buy mode

by plumbobette05

Original Post

Search glitch in build/buy mode

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having an issue since the last patch/update, 1.54.120.1220, where my search function in build/buy mode doesn't work properly. I do have CC/Mods but the same glitch occurred when I installed a fresh copy of TS4, with no CC/Mods.  When searching items, say in a set of items are named [namehere]item name, I would normally enter [namehere] and all of the items in that grouping would pop up. Since the update, I'm lucky if I get more than two items to pop up at once time. Additionally clicking on the filter search and choosing any option there is not resulting in accurate search.  Obviously in the CC/Mods free game, there are no folders within the mods file. In the CC/Mods game, all CC/Mods were only one folder deep. Repairing and updating game in origin has not fixed this glitch. Ideas? Please and thank you. 

MacBook Pro, retina/mid 2012, running Mohave with 2.6 GHz, i7 processor, 16 GB/ 1600 MHz DDR3 for memory, NVIDIA  graphics card

Message 1 of 4 (2,674 Views)

Re: Search glitch in build/buy mode

@plumbobette05

Where did you install the fresh copy of the game, in a new user account on your Mac? Could you please give me an example of an item you are trying to search for so I can test in my game?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (2,635 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for answering. 

I followed all the traditional basic troubleshooting steps. I also removed mods/CC to a removable drive. Uninstalled game and origin. Removed all remnants of any files associated with either TS4 or origin. Cleared cache on the Mac as well.  Reinstalled Origin, after downloading new copy of installer and loaded new TS4 game from there. I did this on a single user account but also replicated the error on a seperate user account on the same Mac. 

Per your request about items searched. For example,  I might be searching for toddler related items for a park so I enter BamCo in the search box. Prior to the last update, that search would return the slide, the jungle gym, ball pit and tunnels. Now I might be lucky to get that term to pull up one of those items. Similarly, say I want to look at only the items from the toddler stuff pack using the filter to the side. I might get the vita tent to show up and none of the other toddler items. Something I noticed just yesterday when trying to replicate the error with the newest clean install, using either search function on special lots with bb.enablefreebuild results in flashing text in either search box that says "textfield" and no results at all. 

Message 3 of 4 (2,620 Views)

@plumbobette05 

Great, throughly removed and reinstalled Standard smile

Thanks for the examples. I've just tested in my game and all is appearing as normal. Could you set up a new user account on your Mac and play a brand new vanilla game in that account. Don't copy over anything from your Sims 4 folder in your normal account.

Please can you also provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (2,609 Views)