Building Lot Screen

by AmyVictoria122

Original Post

Re: Map turns upside down, when placing a lot in world view.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi!!

I have the same problem, iMac OS 10.10.5 . But can change the pictures in the screenshot folder with the preview too. Standard smile

Message 11 of 18 (1,363 Views)
Highlighted

Building Lot Screen

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I only have cats and dogs but I do have a lot of cc
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It just happens when I place a lot down
What happens when the bug occurs? The loading screen comes up but the background is upside down
What do you expect to see? Loading screen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever I try to place a house onto a lot it comes up with the building lot screen but the background is upside down and it stays like that until you force quit the game. I have removed my cc and all that but the same thing still happens. Please help thanks

Message 12 of 18 (1,303 Views)

Re: Building Lot Screen

Hero

Hi @AmyVictoria122

this is a known mac issue.

I've merged your post with the existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 18 (1,286 Views)

Re: Building Lot Screen

@AmyVictoria122

The upside down map is a bug introduced in the last patch that EA are aware of. It is not responsible for your game freezing when you’re trying to place a lot though. That is most likely down to incompatible CC or corrupted files. Please move your entire Mods folder to your desktop, repair your game then try again. If the issue persists please start a new thread as this one is specifically to do with the screenshots bug.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 14 of 18 (1,280 Views)

Re: Screenshots upside down and back to front since August patch

★★★★★ Newbie

Does anyone know if this was ever fixed? It's been about 3 months and I am still having the same issue, unfortunately. Even if I flip the photo in preview, the photo appears complete black in-game so it defeats the point of this work around. It truly discourages me from playing when the game isn't working right. This is only happening to MAC users, if this hasn't been fixed after 3 months I see how MAC users are on EA's priority list. Please fix this bug, I am hoping that if this hasn't been fixed that it will be fixed with the upcoming Famous EP. Has anyone heard of any updates with this bug fix?

Message 15 of 18 (1,052 Views)

@Livanmylife

This issue appeared after the last PC/Mac patch for the Sims 4 which was in August. No subsequent patches have been released.

It only stops you from sharing your pictures via social media through the game. You can still upload the edited pictures from your screenshots folder to wherever you like.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 16 of 18 (1,049 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@Bluebellflora

Thank you for the reply. I understand what the issue is, but I don't even share my pictures via social media so this is not where my frustration is. Honestly, it is the fact that it's been almost 3 months since the patch and this issue is still ongoing. I like using the photos for a completely different reason with my own personal gameplay, as we all have our own ways the sims entertains us. Because I am a life-long fan of the Sims since 2000, I am going to assume they're most likely hard at work with the new release, so I will just leave it at that and hopefully this small but important bug is fixed soon with a new patch or the next EP. 

Thank you.

Message 17 of 18 (1,041 Views)

This has now been fixed in the November patch. Happy screenshots everyone! Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 18 of 18 (3,036 Views)