Screen issues when loading sims 3 for MacBook Air

by Welliephant

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Screen issues when loading sims 3 for MacBook Air

★ Novice

I’m currently having an issue where my loading screen and game play is looking like this. I tried to change the settings originally to a higher quality and I think that has caused the issue, I tried installing and reinstalling but it didn’t work. I have no idea how to fix it?

Message 1 of 3 (214 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Screen issues when loading sims 3 for MacBook Air

@Welliephant  Try deleting options.ini from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  This will reset all your graphics options to their defaults.  Don't change anything, at least the first time you load the game; just see how it looks.  If it's fine, you can change the settings you want at the Main Menu, not in-game, and be sure to quit and relaunch after changing a setting and before loading a save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (207 Views)

All Replies

@Welliephant  Try deleting options.ini from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  This will reset all your graphics options to their defaults.  Don't change anything, at least the first time you load the game; just see how it looks.  If it's fine, you can change the settings you want at the Main Menu, not in-game, and be sure to quit and relaunch after changing a setting and before loading a save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (208 Views)

★ Novice

This worked. Thank you so much! 

Message 3 of 3 (193 Views)