Re: Scratched Sims 3 DVD won't load

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Scratched Sims 3 DVD won't load

★★ Novice

My two sons have been playing Sims 3 on our Mac.  We've installed a number of expansion packs and the Into the Future Pack DVD will not load which prevents the game from being played.  We cannot use any other DVD to load the game not even the original DVD for the game.

I've been told that if we register the game and install the Origin client we can play it again, however I have some concerns.  For one I don't want to install the Origin Client on our Mac.  If I register the account in my name I'm concerned my boys won't be able to play the game on their Mac account using their Origin accounts.

Other than attempting to fix the DVD, what choices do we have to play the game?  Can I buy another copy of the Into the Future Pack DVD?

Message 1 of 2 (185 Views)

Re: Scratched Sims 3 DVD won't load

@NoLikeOrigin

Buying another copy of the DVD should work but not if you're running El Capitan. You only need Origin to download and install the game, not to play it. This thread should help - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p...

If you decide to use Origin you don't have to re-buy the game, you can redeem your current product codes but once the codes are redeemed in an account they cannot be added to another account.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (171 Views)