Re: Saved games wont load

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Saved games wont load

★★★ Newbie

I can't load any previously saved games. I've checked my iCloud to make sure they aren't saving to there and they aren't. I have the saved game files in the Sims 4 folder but the actual game doesn't recognize this? I don't know what to do know so pls help Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (335 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@blbmxb6rmy, try moving your entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop and do NOT delete it as this is where your saved games are stored. Next start up the game to allow it to generate a new Sims 4 folder. Remember that you won't see any of your old saved games at this time. Next start a new game and play for about an hour to see if anything else odd is happening to your game. At this time you can either save your new game or just quit. 

If the game seemed to be playing fine, then add back your old saves and start up Sims 4 again to see if the game will recognize them this time.

Please post back here to let us know if this solved your issue.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (315 Views)

@blbmxb6rmy

Could you please click on a save once to highlight it in the Sims 4 folder then go to File > Get Info. In the window that pops up you'll see General and under that will be Where. Please could you copy/paste the file path so we can see where the save file is?

Info

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (306 Views)