Saved files won't load after recent update...

by Singin_loud23

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Saved files won't load after recent update...

★★ Novice

Yesterday I go to open my game using Origin on Mac and the normal updates happen. Obviously I think nothing of it. I go to open my game and load my saved game but load game isn't even an option. It's as if there are no save files present at all.

I thought that the save files might be corrupt so I downloaded Origin and all my packs onto another computer I happen to have. I load the save files and they work just fine! To me, this meant that something was wrong with how Origin was communicating with my computer. 

I did talk to someone through EA live chat hours but it wasn't super helpful and their contact hours are a bit hard to work with at times. Per their advice and a link they sent me, I completely uninstalled and then reinstalled Origin and my whole game/pack. The save files still won't work. 

I thought I'd ask here since I have to wait a while for live chat hours to open up. Thanks to anyone who can help!!😊

Message 1 of 7 (1,597 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Saved files won't load after recent update...

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Good news actually! I was messing around with my iCloud settings and checked off "desktop and documents" within those settings just to see what would happen. I think it ended up helping/resetting how my local documents were showing up on my finder app. After this happened I started up the game and closed out. Went back into local documents and found a new brand new Sims4 folder. I moved my original saves folder (that wasn't showing up previously) into that local folder and it worked! Thanks for the help and ideas!

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,398 Views)

All Replies

@Singin_loud23

When you copied over your saves to test on the other computer, did you copy over just the save files or the whole Sims 4 folder?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 7 (1,520 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! 

Just copied the save files folder. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,493 Views)

★★ Novice

Another thing that I'm noticing now is that new save files aren't being saved. I wanted to see what would happen if I just started a new game. I looked within Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims4 > Saves and there is no new save file from yesterday (when I started the new save).

Message 4 of 7 (1,492 Views)

@Singin_loud23

Check your iCloud Drive settings - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

Could you upload your save file and PM me the link so I can test in my. game?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 7 (1,437 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora So I went ahead and checked in my iCloud settings after following your link instructions (thanks for that!). The "Desktop and Documents" box was not checked off.

I will gladly send those files. Can you send me a link as to how I can upload a link of my save files? Thanks!
Message 6 of 7 (1,404 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Good news actually! I was messing around with my iCloud settings and checked off "desktop and documents" within those settings just to see what would happen. I think it ended up helping/resetting how my local documents were showing up on my finder app. After this happened I started up the game and closed out. Went back into local documents and found a new brand new Sims4 folder. I moved my original saves folder (that wasn't showing up previously) into that local folder and it worked! Thanks for the help and ideas!
Message 7 of 7 (1,399 Views)