Saved Games Not Showing

by berlinjm

Original Post

Saved Games Not Showing

★ Novice

I tried to load my game after a few weeks of not playing, and none of my saved games show up in the main menu. They're still saved on my computer in  Electronic Arts > Sims 3 > Saves, but they just don't show up as options for me to select--it just prompts me to create a new game. Anyone got any advice?

Message 1 of 4 (269 Views)

Re: Saved Games Not Showing

[ Edited ]

@berlinjm  Is it possible the saves are in the iCloud version of Documents?  If you right-click on the Saves folder and select Get Info, you'll see the full file path under "Where."  If your saves are in iCloud, here's how to fix it:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

If they're not in cloud storage, check the username to make sure it matches the account you're signed into now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (243 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thank you for this advice, unfortunately neither of these appear to be the problem, the files are in the right username and not in the icloud :/
Message 3 of 4 (229 Views)

@berlinjm  Is it possible that your saves were played with one or more expansions that you don't currently have installed, or take place in a store or custom world that isn't installed?

Regardless, please start a new save and name it something distinctive.  Save, quit, and see whether the new save is in the same folder as your other ones.  If it's not, you'll need to search for it, but it likely won't turn up in a Spotlight search.  Instead, open Terminal, in Applications > Utilities, and enter this command:

find / -name "*savename*" 2>/dev>null

Except write the actual name of your save rather than savename.  Please copy and paste the file path that Terminal spits out here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (216 Views)