[SOLVED] Pack Download button doesn't work

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: New Apple M1 Chip - is Sims 3 compatible?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thanks again for your answer.

I went through changing the settings, quitting and relaunching Origin - that didn't change anything.

I tried the reset tool: After resetting and reopening Origin it updated my The Sims 3 base game (and told me it had downloaded and installed my The Sims 4 expansions - which had already been installed - but, hey, thanks for telling me!) - but The Sims 3 expansions are still not downloaded/installed and the Download button is still unresponsive.

I went through the workaround you linked to including quitting and re-opening Origin. Same result: Base Game works - Expansion packs uninstalled/Download button unresponsive.

I will let Origin run in the background and maybe do its thing now for a bit as it has installed a Sims 3 base game update - who knows maybe that helps.

Any other ideas of what I can try are obviously still appreciated!

Message 20 of 46 (597 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m also having the same issue. 
I spoke to support on chat and they said it’s a known issue and to just wait for it to be resolved Frown 

Let me know if you do manage to get a work around. Hopefully we’ll be able to play soon!

Message 21 of 46 (592 Views)

sims3 64-bit packs won't download

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I can download the base game and play it but not any of the packs.  I must say though, that when it goes to "verify files" it does not finish it. It always finished it and I think that might have something to do with this problem?  It gets about 1/2-3/4 way thru verifying and then it disappears. I wait a minute and then the bottom green bar (where it shows bottom left where you downloaded the game) will finish. I can "play" the game but if I restart game it sometimes will say its "finalizing" and I just right click and "update" game and it will bring up the play button.

Just trying to help by letting you know what I noticed different in my game from the way it used to be and the verify files always went all the way to the end of the bar  before it exited. 

I can't reply because I haven't quite figured out this forum yet, but this post belongs in the thread with the exact title I am using. So sorry for my lack of technology (I'm too old for this, LOL)

EDIT: My packs download now! I don't think it was anything I did though. I tried everything and ended up uninstalling Sims3 and Origin. The only difference was that when I went to reinstall Origin, I signed on before clicking the mac version (doubt that made a difference). Origin has a new look and I have to log out at the bottom of the page instead of the top, lol. I haven't played because its past my bedtime, but I did get what I wanted downloaded and will start to play when I wake up (its 1 am here). I am so happy right now!

Message 22 of 46 (586 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I've also contacted support about the issue. The person I spoke to also said it was a known issue. They tried to issue me the expansion packs for the 64bit version, but I don't think that helped.

I'll update here if I notice anything new or know about any updates.

Message 23 of 46 (571 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Pack Download button doesn't work

[ Edited ]

@hdxo7 @eden270 @MmndlC @berlinsurvivor @hollyguldenzopf @AtopCloudNine @jewelblanco17 @lamthien900 @caprice812 @KetieSaner @PatLoftflat 

I've created a new master thread for this issue, since the workarounds that helped earlier in the week seem to make no difference now.  Please click Me Too on the first post, and try the workarounds in the spoiler, if you haven't already.

If you still can't download your packs, please list your operating system and the packs that won't download, as well as any that DO download correctly.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 25 of 46 (566 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64-bit packs won't download

★★★ Novice

I seem to be having all of the same issues as above but none of the work arounds work for me Frown

Message 26 of 46 (551 Views)

newly purchased sims 3 stuff pack not downloading

★★★ Newbie

I just bought the stuff pack town life stuff for the sims 3 on origin, since I've been playing the 64-bit version on my mac book air. But no matter what I do, its not downloading. I press the orange download button and nothing happens. I already have 6 expansion packs that downloaded fine with origin and are playable. But when i bought this stuff pack, it did not download right after like it usually does. I uninstalled and reinstalled origin, and pressed the add to queue button while my games re-downloaded, and nothing happened either. I also restarted my computer and origin and deleted the cache... My mac is up to date and so is origin, so I am not sure what else i can do to fix it. I can also load the game up, but the pack is not installed.

Is anyone else having a problem like this, or knows how to fix it?

Thanks!

Message 27 of 46 (556 Views)

★ Apprentice

My operating system is macOS Big Sur 11.0.1. The packs that won't download are Generations, Ambitions, Supernatural, Island Paradise, Late Night, Seasons, Showtime, University Life, World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff, Master Suite Stuff, Movie Stuff and Town Life Stuff.

Message 28 of 46 (552 Views)

@reysimone  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please try the workarounds on the first page.  If they don't work for you, as they aren't working for most people, please click Me Too and post back with the requested info.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 29 of 46 (544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried both options and the download button still isn't working for me Frown

The packs that did download are Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Supernatural, Seasons and University Life. The only pack that I cant download is the Town Life Stuff pack. Ive been playing with those expansion packs fine since the 64-bit version came out, and the only thing I am having an issue with is the stuff pack I bought today.. if that makes any difference.

And my computer is currently running macOS Catalina 10.15.3

Thanks!

Message 30 of 46 (524 Views)